banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They Stopped Selling the Tom Delonge model!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Stopped Selling the Tom Delonge model!

I really want a tom delonge strat but they disonctinued it for thaT UGLY gibson hollybody of his now. Do any stores near you sell this gutar at all guys? And i really like the single volume knob so i AM not going to buya strat and add an invader because it only wat one pick up, otehrwsie iw ould just use my strat with a hot rail.
    Proud Master of Strats.....

Re: They Stopped Selling the Tom Delonge model!

I would suggest either keeping an eye on Ebay, or building a Warmoth version.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

buy a fat strat, an invader, a warmoth pickgaurd and rewire it. is his name really that important?

Fat strat: $400
      Invader: $75
      Pickgaurd: $30
      Rewiring: $5 (solder... thats pretty much all you'll have to pay for...)
      Total: $510

Comment

no its not but i want a single volume knob no tone controls.

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
          I really want a tom delonge strat but they disonctinued it for thaT UGLY gibson hollybody of his now. Do any stores near you sell this gutar at all guys? And i really like the single volume knob so i AM not going to buya strat and add an invader because it only wat one pick up, otehrwsie iw ould just use my strat with a hot rail.
          you realize that signature strat is just an HSS strat with a 1 pickup pickgaurd, right?

Comment

yup i do, wait does fender sell the single humbucker pick gaurds? if so i can always dot hat i just simply want 1 humbucker, one volume nob thats it no other pick ups. that would be rad.

Comment

I bought one before they stopped selling it. Sold the pickguard assembly for $105 at ebay. God new pickguard and dropped JB with 250K pot. I get very "in-your-face" tone.

"Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

ya thats what iw anted to do! well i wanted to really just get hata nd drop a 59 in there some good tone and simple control just what i like!

Comment

its such a sweet design, i love the single humbucker strat style looks so rad, and after watching tom delonge play live again i am just gasin for one now

Comment

BTW brisk what pick gaurd d u sell it looks liek the same pick gaurd it came with,

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
                      BTW brisk what pick gaurd d u sell it looks liek the same pick gaurd it came with,
                      The stock pickguard was white pearl which looks very cheap in person. I got pearloid which is little bit more creme-ish and vintage-ish. They all look alike on picture though. I get it from Warmoth.

Comment

Get a MIM Robert Cray and route the bridge for a humbucker if you want a cheap hardtail.

Comment

Originally posted by brisk
                          I bought one before they stopped selling it. Sold the pickguard assembly for $105 at ebay. God new pickguard and dropped JB with 250K pot. I get very "in-your-face" tone.

sorry to steal the thread a bit, but is that my JB brisk? it looks great in that guitar, your a2p is great in the neck of my guitar.
                          Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

ack fender is being sold now, and these axes are not made anymore...i guess its time to give up on fender! and go gibson one day

Comment

Originally posted by bvc310
                              sorry to steal the thread a bit, but is that my JB brisk? it looks great in that guitar, your a2p is great in the neck of my guitar.
                              Yes, the JB is the one I trade with my ap2. Sounds great!

Comment

Working...
                              X