Question for Tonepros users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Tonepros users

Hey guys, I got one of the Tonepros Tuneomatic bridges off Ebay, and I'm interested in using the Graphtech saddles that were installed on the stock TOM bridge. Anyone know how to go about taking the old saddles off and putting the new ones on? There is a .pdf file on the Tonepros site that explains it, but I'm pretty sure they've changed the design since that document was written. It mentions removing a black U-shaped saddle clip, but I don't see any saddle clips on mine. It has small hex nuts on the other side of the intonation screws, do I just remove these and then remove the screws? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Question for Tonepros users

Bump...anyone know for sure? I've heard horror stories about people ruining these bridges while trying to change saddles. I sent an email to Tonepros customer service last week, but so far it has gone unanswered. Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

when removing saddles (if done properly) they nuts for each saddle screw should be secured with a tiny drop of C/A (crazy glue or locktite - which essentially is crazy glue)
      to remove this, touch a soldering iron to the nut for a few secs. be careful not to melt the thin platic washer (its hardly visible) that should be between the nut and hte screw
      then remove (i use ignition wrenches for the nuts)
      then reverse the procedure
      Cheers
      Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
      Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
      www.gaugeguitars.com
      Cheers!

Comment

On Tonepros that have the black clips (not yours I see): Unscrew the screw while popping the clip up (use a jewelrers screw driver. Unscrew the screw so the old saddle is removed. Try and leave the clip as undisturbed as you can. Put on the Graphtech saddle. Slide the screw back in, sliding the screw under the clip and lifting the screw and clip up and popping the screw in the other side. Then push the clip into place so it holds the screw. Then you should be able to move the saddles by turning the screw without the screw itself coming loose.

Comment

Working...
        X