Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heritage Les Paul Arrived Today! *PICS*

Originally posted by kaknight
    I would say though that I think you are a fool not to get pups in it. I got two floor custom SD pups which would cost me about $160 through Blackrose (which is already a great deal) from Heritage and they only charged me $65!!! Yup $32.50 for each SD covered pickup! You could order the guitar with some pickups and then if you want to, just sell the pickups after you get the guitar.
    Bro, why didn't you tell that before. You are right, I'd be a fool!

Even tho I have 3 sets of PGs, a CC, 2 sets of BB (#1/#2), 1 set of 59's sitting in my drawer, still you are right. I would be ordering something funky just for the heck of it you know!

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by Skullkrusher
      Man, that's a real nice looking guitar. How can they sell those guitars for such a low price if they are using all the good materials? I've been thinking about getting a gibby soon, but after seeing your new guitar......................Im not so sure.
      Well, every rich yuppie baby boomer has heard of Gibson. When you walk into a guitar store, you see 'em plastered up all over the walls. Heritage is a relatively new company, they aren't owned by any big companies that demand profit, and they don't spend much on marketing. I think that as they are catching on more and more their prices are slowly edging up. Honestly, I think that Heritage guitars are the best deal on the market right now. I think that Gibson is the worst (and I happen to love gibbys myself). I don't think the question should be so much "how come heritage is so cheap?" as much as "how come gibson is so much?"

I have to admit that the original drive for me to get this guitar was because a good friend of mine got a Gibby LP and I really loved the tone of the guitar. I tried several of them at various guitar stores, and while they were all really nice, they cost a heap of coin. I kept on thinking to myself, well the neck isn't quite what i'd like, and I would definetely want to put in different pickups. Then someone here at the forum recommended I look at heritage guitars. I also really prefer to deal with small boutique companies if I can (I just like to support them as opposed to huge megacorps), and Heritage seemed small and friendly. I got to talk personally to the guy who was going to carve my neck (one of the owners) and talk about various tonewoods with the wood guy. It was fun.

I couldn't even imagine ordering a custom guitar from gibson. It seems like I would be shelling out well over $5000 for what I got from Heritage for just about $1600
      Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

I don't think the question should be so much "how come heritage is so cheap?" as much as "how come gibson is so much?"
        Good Point. Is there a website for the dealer you ordered from? I'm seriously thinking about looking into my own custom heritage now.

Comment

Very nice, I hope you enjoy it. Beautiful looking guitar, love to hear it as well. I'd imagine it is very resonant.
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

why couldn't i have known about this before i got my gibson les paul studio plus?? =(
            Gibson Les Paul Studio Plus Desert Burst
            Ibanez RG770DX
            Takamine EAN10C Acoustic
            Long live ROCK.

Comment

Since 1989, Wolfe Guitars has been Southeast Florida’s home for guitars from top names such as Heritage, Breedlove, PRS, and G&L. Visit our store in person or give us a call at (561) 746-2209.

Give Jay a call or an email. he's really nice. He'll tell you what he has in stock and help you with an order if you want something special.
              Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Wow kaknight; you may have just edged out Curly's latest acquisition as the coolest guitar I've seen in the forum to date.

That thing looks and sounds beautiful. (The description, I mean.)

Comment

thanks, certainly couldn't have done it without all of the help of the people here at the forum. From fretboard, to pickups, to brand, I found out everything from asking questions and reading other threads right here.

Comment

Love it-the more I read about the non-giganto guitar builders, (Heritage, Hamer namely) the less I want a Gibson!

1600 well spent my friend!
                    Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

I have two Gibson Les Paul that I happened into really good deals on but other than that I would not buy one -- If I was in the market for a Les Paul now I would definitely look at Heritage or Hamer - the Hamer's come stock with SD pups.
                      Kak, that is one of the most beautiful bursts I've seen - I am not a big fan of most of them (sun bursts I mean) but she's a beauty.

Comment

Oh, one more thing.

Thanks Scott_F for the great pup recommendations on this guitar!

They are perfect for my tone! The AII mags make the sound really warm and musical, and the combination of the different pups gives me a lot of versatility. I highly recommend this combo to anyone looking for something to tame a bright rig.

For what it's worth, the A2P/CC combo has been in my R8 LP longer than any other pickup set. hard to go wrong. I am so impressed by what you got for the dollar. That's amazing.

My goldtop 535 with bigsby was a hair under 1300. I couldn't have gotten the same quality guitar from Gibson without going to a Historic and Custom Shop Reissue. My Heritage is about the same exact quality as my Reissue 58 LP. at less than 1/2 the price.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
                          I am jealous. I love that flame and the dark almond burst. Mine definitely would have a toggle switch marker. Looks really good.

So $1600 you say, and you got me thinking man. In willcutt there is an aztec gold hamer monaco I have been drooling for some time now, for ~$1850. But the custom order thing is really cool way to cool!

BTW if I were not to ask for any pickups with my order, would they do me a discount!

B
                          Yes, and you could send them the pickups you want installed.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

www.wolfeguitars.com

Give Jay a call or an email. he's really nice. He'll tell you what he has in stock and help you with an order if you want something special.

Jay's website blows chunks. I offered to update it for him for the fee of a discount on a new 150, but we never came to terms.

Reminds me of a joke. Dude comes into work hungover like heck. Friend says man, how drunk did you get last night? Dude answers, so drunk I blew chunks. Friend says, man, yeah I hate throwing up. Dude says, no man, Chunks is my dog.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
                              I am jealous. I love that flame and the dark almond burst. Mine definitely would have a toggle switch marker. Looks really good.

So $1600 you say, and you got me thinking man. In willcutt there is an aztec gold hamer monaco I have been drooling for some time now, for ~$1850. But the custom order thing is really cool way to cool!

BTW if I were not to ask for any pickups with my order, would they do me a discount!

B
                              Do you mean Willcutts Music in Lexington KY?

Farkus
                              2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
                              1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Well, I got ahold of Jay Wolfe and got a custom quote. I listed EVERYTHING that I could want and the price came out to a little over $1,500................SCORE!!!! I'm so glad I saw this post.

Comment

Working...
                                X