Heritage Les Paul Arrived Today! *PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heritage Les Paul Arrived Today! *PICS*

I think I want one that is the amber color of the DC pictured above. I want an hard eastern maple top with figure about the same as that DC. I don't want intense flames, just like that DC or Scotts 58'. Ebony board, MOP inlays, probably just standard neck carve....just as close to original 59-60 specs as possible except for the ebony board.

I think a set of Seths will be the ticket for mine.
    My Sound Clips

Comment

wow! I thought this thread was long dead. glad to hear that you guys are thinking of pickup one up. I still love mine a month or so into it. I played a couple of Gibbys in a local shop... no comparrison. Big heavy tanks that sound sterile compared to mine. I brought mine into the shop and even the manager had to agree that it was the best damn LP he had heard or seen in a long time!

Good luck guys!!
      Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Originally posted by kaknight
        wow! I thought this thread was long dead. glad to hear that you guys are thinking of pickup one up. I still love mine a month or so into it. I played a couple of Gibbys in a local shop... no comparrison. Big heavy tanks that sound sterile compared to mine. I brought mine into the shop and even the manager had to agree that it was the best damn LP he had heard or seen in a long time!

Good luck guys!!
        Hey Kaknight. I tried to reach Jay. What number did you call him usually at? (561 746 2209 ?). Its always busy whenever I call.

I'm also debating between Seths and Antiquities. Can ants sound thick - for that traditional Les Paul bark? I'm probably worrying in vain - as Ants are among the best LP pups.
        my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
        A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

OK, so I went overboard and bought Jay Wolfe's Heritage "535 Special". Here's what $1,700 bought me:

Seymour Duncan “Antiquity” humbuckers
          Bone nut (instead of Corian)
          Sperzel tuners with faux ivory buttons
          “select wood”
          Front & back bindings on body
          Binding on neck & headstock
          Inlaid logo (instead of silkscreened)
          MOP fingerboard dots
          figured maple pickguard
          "Old Style Burst" finish

I know y'all have seen this guitar before, but I can't help it... I love it more now than the day I opened the box

Having been to the Gibson factory in Memphis last November, I don't think you can get the same quality of wood, features, or fit & finish - let alone set up - from Gibson unless it's from the Custom Shop. I know that I played a couple of the Gibson 335's, including one that was over $4,000, that didn't come close to matching this guitar in terms of tone, etc.

Heritage rant off - - -

Chip
          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
          X