No announcement yet.

Heritage guitars...simply a better buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage guitars...simply a better buy?

well I think most of us have seen FreshStart & Kaknight's Heritage photos...maybe many of you know the quality of Heritage's...I own a H-147 myself and experienced its quality & beauty...compared it to many other guitars including Gibsons but it was simply more superior in tone & look...also they're much more affordable...in Istanbul you have to pay a minimum 1500bucks in order to get a used USA Gibson 'Standard' LP...I got my Heritage for 650bucks and it was much more better than them...maple over mahogany,ebony fingerboard,real mother of pearl inlays,schaller gold hardware and golden 50 pickups,creamy border around the body at the front and back sides also around fingerboard...brand names mean nothing tone & sound is the most important...
    90' Heritage H-147 w/Schaller Golden 50's
    99' USA Fender Stratocaster
    96' Fender Montara Electric/Acoustic
    79' Fender Twin Reverb 135W w/JBL's + Line 6 DM-4 + Boss OD-1 Overdrive + MXR DynaComp + Boss CH-1 Super Chorus + Jim Dunlop Crybaby

Re: Heritage guitars...simply a better buy?

I no longer own a Heritage(had a 575 for awhile), but I believe they are far better instruments than gibsons at much more realistic prices. I've never really been a Gibson guy, aside from archtops, but I've always been bothered by the pricing of thier guitars versus the quality of instrument you recieve. Heritage corrects this on both fronts, IMO.

Mike

Comment

I am glad for you guys. All of them heritage guitars with pics look fine, and I do trust you when you say it is better than many gibsons.

For me it all has been about finding the right gibson, so who cares if guitar brand x is way better than some of the gibsons. What counts is what the owner feels about his particular LP, whether or not it is the right one.

That said, personally I would have paid some additional dough ($700) and would have gotten myself a R7. But still I have my eyes on H535s and Hamer Monacos. Great looking guitars, apart from the headstock!

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
        apart from the headstock!
        I'll agree that the headstock is a bit ugly, but if you can get over that, they're great guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
          I'll agree that the headstock is a bit ugly, but if you can get over that, they're great guitars.
          Sure!

I always have the feeling that H's are players' guitars not display window items. So in that regard they are cool. But sometimes I like finding myself drooling my own guitar you know. A great feeling.

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
            For me it all has been about finding the right gibson, so who cares if guitar brand x is way better than some of the gibsons. What counts is what the owner feels about his particular LP, whether or not it is the right one.
            Yup. It took me a long time to find my LP standard. I played a few heritage instruments, and they were real good, and, on the whole, better than the average gibson. BUT, there are extreme variances within ANY group of guitars, and though the heritage guitars i played were good, the gibson i played that i now own was the best of the bunch. It spoke to me. I'm sure i could have gotten a heritage that was just as good, but whats the point??
            '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
            Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
            '66 Fender Bassman
            Fender Champion 600
            Fender Stage 100

Comment

if you are buying the guitar with the plan of playing it for a long time, i think the herritage is a better buy. i think they are a better instrument, but their resale value isnt as good as a gibsons

Comment

Working...
              X