Bogner Shiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Shiva?

How much do the bogner shiva's run? Head only.

I'm gassing for one so bad its unreal.

Re: Bogner Shiva?

Originally posted by proxy
    How much do the bogner shiva's run? Head only.

I'm gassing for one so bad its unreal.
    There's a store not far from me selling a Bogner Shiva EL34 head without reverb for $1919 and a Bogner Shiva EL34 head with reverb for about $2200.

Comment

The average used price is $1350 for heads. At least that's what I'd lay out. They are great amps! I need to listen to a 6L6 and EL-34 version side by side. Surprisingly, the EL-34 combos I've played on were so sonically great, I couldn't even tell what tubes it had by listening to it, because it kind of rode the line between and American and British sound. I'm sold on Bogner. The Ecstasy is the one piece of gear I have that I wouldn't sell for any price. The Shiva is money well spent, too.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
        The average used price is $1350 for heads. At least that's what I'd lay out. They are great amps! I need to listen to a 6L6 and EL-34 version side by side. Surprisingly, the EL-34 combos I've played on were so sonically great, I couldn't even tell what tubes it had by listening to it, because it kind of rode the line between and American and British sound. I'm sold on Bogner. The Ecstasy is the one piece of gear I have that I wouldn't sell for any price. The Shiva is money well spent, too.

Gearjoneser...since you sound like you're up on it...what are the Ecstasys going for now? They sound awesome....

Farkus
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

What are the main features a shiva has?
          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
          • G&L Tribute Comanche
          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Tone
            Owner:
            Slamo Custom Guitars
            Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

The Ecstasy is best summed up by Reinholdt Bogner's opening line on his website.
              "As infinite as the universe, as deep as your soul" The longer I own it, the more it makes sense. It's the most well thought out, best designed EL-34 amp that has, is, and ever will be made. I'd bet money on it. The reason I said I wouldn't sell mine for any price, is because mine was part of the best batch that was made for all the first artists that used Bogners like VH, Lynch, Cantrell, Vai etc. It has all the options and was Reinholdt's proudest creation. I got real lucky to have found it used, right at the same time I'd scraped up enough money to be shopping for one. It's dead mint, even tho I gig with it. I don't even let anyone place their hand on it. Plus, it's tubed and biased to perfection. It's the last piece I'd ever sell, and I'd be crushed if it were stolen.

As far as the Shiva, it's Bogner's version of a good two channel amp with or without reverb, offered in 6L6 or EL-34, but not interchangeable. None of the Bogners can switch between tube types, because they're designed like a BMW or Ferrari - everything is run real hot and to tight tolerances, to retain that cranked sound at all volumes. Giant sounding with lots of growly mids and tight lows is what the Bogner sound is. People are mistaken by considering them just a highgain amp: they do it all.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Gearjoneser what do you think about uberschalls? i've been dreaming about those for a while but have to travel quite a while to try one out.
                boreddddddddddd

Comment

DAMN YOU ALL! Now I'm selling off all my gear just to get ahold of one of these babies!

Comment

Working...
                  X