Gibson has gone insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson has gone insane

I wonder who'd make the "Death of Christ" guitar. BC Rich, maybe? They're stuff looks kind of evil and satanic.
    Gibson SG Standard (498T/498R)
    Schecter C-1 Elite (Custom/59)
    Fender Deluxe Double Fat Strat (Carvin SD22/M22N)
    Yamaha FG-413S acoustic
    Marshall G15CDR
    Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
    Marshall 1960A
    Boss ME-50
    ...and just a little talent.

Comment

Do you think Jesus can play the guitar? If so, what do you think his favorite jamming tunes are?
      Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Gibson is a company that can buy Opcode, Trace Elliot, and Oberheim, and drive those companies into the ground, leaving behind no support for those products, and lots of people out of work. Yet they can come up with the money for this crap. This isn't pretty, or good workmanship or a labor of love. It is tacky and stupid. A waste of talent on something that will never get played. We'll see the 'dogs playing poker' guitar next, in a limited run of 5000, and it will cost $50k. And stupid people will buy it, putting it along side their 'Disney/WWII Commemerative Coin Collection'.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'd put a set of Pearly Gates in it!

Comment

JC probably digs "Knockin on Heavens door".

Does anyone else have a "we're having technical difficulties" when you click the link? Maybe they caught on.
            Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
            Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
            Originally posted by Sosomething
            "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

man I'd gig w/ that
              Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
              JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
              Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
              Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
              Dunlop Classic Crybaby
              Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Comment

.....................He'd buy a Stratocaster!
                But He'd do that anyway, duh!

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer
                  We'll see the 'dogs playing poker' guitar next, in a limited run of 5000, and it will cost $50k. And stupid people will buy it, putting it along side their 'Disney/WWII Commemerative Coin Collection'.
                  I agree. It's cheesy and one step away from late-night infomercial material. "Now you can own your very own limited edition Jesus Guitar. Pay in four easy installments! Call in the next ten minutes and recieve a free Jesus beach towel!"

It's weird how people use religious imagery for commercial purposes. I don't care but you'd think Christians would find it crass and offensive.

I don't think this one horrible decision defines Gibson as a company, though. They make quality products that appeal to a lot of players. Gibson has enough of a name for themselves that I could forgive them for such a crappy idea.
                  It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
                  - David St. Hubbins

Comment

Wow, and I thought that guy was sarcastically joking when he mentioned a "Gibson birth of Christ" guitar in another thread. Must be nice to get away with price gouging and poor workmanship...flame away.

Ryan
                    Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
                    X