Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Strat Wang bar problems

gotta have the whammy for surf music

i love my whammy now that my guitar is set up correct and stays in tune when using it
    2001 MIA Strat Sunburst w/maple neck. Hot Rails (b), Vintage Rails (m), Cool Rails (n). 2003 MIA Deluxe Fat Strat Sunburst w/maple neck.

Comment

Originally posted by FenderBoy
      gotta have the whammy for surf music

i love my whammy now that my guitar is set up correct and stays in tune when using it
      ***Y'all hear that??? Stays In Tune When Set Up Correctly !!!! How long have some of us been Preaching that ???? Good post, FB. ....
      Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
        ***Y'all hear that??? Stays In Tune When Set Up Correctly !!!! How long have some of us been Preaching that ???? Good post, FB. ....
        ...AMEN!.... As far as the bar the teflon tape may work well, as it's similar to a nylon bushung that others use (on different vibratos), macsking tape will work, but it gums up bad ... a suitable spring can be found at some of the more complete hardware stores.
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

You could also try filling the hole with silicone, threading the arm in where you want it to stay most of the time, wipe off the stuff that squishes out, and let cure for a day or two (don't play it, or put it in the case; covered over on a work bench on it's back is fine). You can always unscrew it, but you'll have to repeat the process if you put it back in. Never done this my self, but I got it from a guy that tried it, he said it worked as well as anything else. Sounds reasonable, but like I said, never tried it myself. FWIW
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

OK I'm a little confused... I have three strats and none of them have springs in the bar handle? They are all vintage style tail pieces so is it the new style that has a spring? I have alwasy used teflon tape to "tighten" the handle so it stays where I want it. It works for me! but a spring under the handle.... never heard of that before.
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

here:
              tremelo arm tension springs
              "music heals"
              facebook

Comment

Working...
              X