REVIEW: yamaha magicstomp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REVIEW: yamaha magicstomp

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

more toys......

looks and size
    it looks pretty cool, the purple is nice and the look "flows" well. the size also works well, its nice and small so it can travel well. got some points here

effects and sound
    let me start off by saying, this is one of the weirdest sounding things ive ever played or heard.i mean, it has the normal arssinal of crunch sounds and chorus and flange and etc. but what makes this pedal stand out is its crazy sh*t, such and tremelo where it goes back and forth from two amps (it can split the signal, like an a/b switch, and gets lots of points there). also, it can have a delay thing from one amp to the other (looses points, however, with the unit not having tap tempo). also, you can get screaches, booms, low tuned sh*t, airplane sounds, rocket sounds, and sounds you never even knew where possible. i mean, you can get anything you want basically, if you dream it, it can be done with this thing. got points there.

overall rating
    9 out of 10 not having tap tempo prevented this from getting a 10. HOWEVER, remember, this is not for everybody. it can get weird weird sounds, but its not for everybody. i would say its for people wanting the basic effect sounds, and then more.
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Re: REVIEW: yamaha magicstomp

you just tried out 0.0000000001% of that things potential

it's USB editable, plug it into your PC and edit patches away 99 program spaces!

It has 90 seconds of reverb, reverse reverb EVERY kind of lovely reverb you could imagine.

The delays are also amazing. Who needs tap tempo when you can select an exact tempo?

wonderous machine
    Jazzmaster Owner

My eBay Auctions

Comment

i know it advertises to have everything from the UD/AG/DG stomp boxes ... but does it really have the all the mic modeling for acoustic tones from the AG stomp? .. i really loved the ag stomp, but it was too pricey (~$400) when i was shopping for a preamp for my piezo output on the brian moore .. i own a DG stomp and love it

cheers
      t4d
      gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

How's that patch shifting? Any signal dropout during changes?

How easy is it to navigate from say...Patch #13 up to #25 in the middle of a song? Or is this more of a desktop-recording item?

Comment

there are 2 modes of operation

scrolling where you go from patch to patch

or performance mode where you assign a patch per stomp

13-25 isnt a problem. just program 13 to be next to 25!
          Jazzmaster Owner

My eBay Auctions

Comment

yup, bentley probable knows more that me because he owns one. lol.
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I own one too. I've been using at home for awhile, but I'm setting it up to use for some upcoming gigs, so I'll let you know how it works on stage.
              Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
              Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

cool cool. please do even. ive been wondering how easy it would be to use on stage....
                peavey classic 30
                johnson j-station
                yamaha f-310p acoustic
                taylor 410 acoustic

Comment

Working...
                X