banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling Rectifier Owners: Your Settings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling Rectifier Owners: Your Settings!

I recently bought a Mesa rect-o-verb, it should be delivered tomorrow, but what i wanna know is your guys' settings! Give me setting for everything you use with your amp. I have a few settings i wrote down when i was playing one of these at the local shop. I wanna know some good settings for: Heavy dark tones, semi vintage tones, clean tones, and anything inbetween! thanks guys

Re: Calling Rectifier Owners: Your Settings!

Originally posted by Humphrey Bear
    I don't know about settings but did you buy a new one or a used one?
    And is it the combo or the head?
    What was the price?
    I bought it used, it's a head. less than a year old, everything a new rectifier comes with came with it and it's in great condition, it was like $850.. around there i believe, you can get them for cheaper if you look hard enough though.

Comment

Channel 1

Voice - Brit
      Gain - 13:00
      Treble - 12:00
      Mid - 11:00
      Bass - 12:00
      Presence - 12:00
      Channel Vol - 08:30

Channel 1 - Alternate

Voice - Brit
      Gain - 11:00
      Mid - 13:00
      Bass - 09:00
      Presence - 11:00
      Channel Vol - 09:30

-----

Channel 2

Voice - Vintage
      Channel Vol - 13:00

Channel 2 - Alternate

Voice - Modern
      Gain - 14:30
      Treble - 14:00
      Mid - 10:00
      Bass - 13:30
      Presence - 15:30
      Channel Vol - 09:30+

I run a Rectifier Preamp & 2:100 power amp, so you may need to tweek a bit to suit your amp.

These are where I generally start. I tweak for what I want from there. I tend to dip the mids a bit because the Rectifier is a pretty mid heavy amp, plus I use a JB pickup and boost my mids with a Boss EQ prior to the amp.

My alternate settings I don't fiddle with much. I tend to use both alt settings with my output set on maximum. Channel 1 Alt run this hot gives great power amp crunch and a real 70's mojo. Channel 2 Alt run this hot sounds like a Big Muff on crack (more crunch and more harmonics than you'll get out of a Big Muff).

The best way to play is to test out all of the sample settings from the manual, then set all your knobs at 12:00 and tweek from there.

Last edited by some_dude; 06-13-2004, 07:40 PM.
      || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

A Metalhead's settings!!

Channel 1

Voice - Clean
        Treble - 12:30-1:00
        Channel Vol - 8:00-8:30

Channel 2

Voice - Vintage/Modern
        Gain - 3:00-3:30
        Treble - 1:30
        Mid - 10:30-11:00
        Bass - 11:30
        Channel Vol - 8:30-9:00

Comment

a good way to start out with the eq'ing on a rectifier is to set everything straight up at 12:00, set the gain at maybe 2:00 (on the modern setting) and just adjust everything from there. everything on mine is set near the 12:00 position (on the distortion channel anyway), my mids are a bit lower and my bass it just a tad bit higher, and the treble stays pretty much right at 12:00. the presence is something i mess with almost every time i play...usually i have it set between 9:00 and 11:00, and if it's any higher then it sounds way to harsh.
          i'd do the clean channel the same way. i found that you can set the mids on the clean channel pretty low for a really warm sound, and you won't get lost in the mix. but be careful, because the clean channel will be horrifying with too much treble or presence.

but spend a lot of time overall messing with the thing...the only way to find what sound suits you best is to try everything
          gear:

'05 gibson les paul studio vintage mahogany (DiMarzio Super Distortion/ SD Jazz)
          '04 gibson SG standard (BurstBucker Pro's)
          mesa/boogie 2-channel dual rectifier (with EL34's)
          marshall 1960A 4x12
          and a few pedals

Comment

Working...
          X