Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pots and caps in new LPs??

Originally posted by papersoul
    My tech should be taking my LP back to stock this week.
    With all of this changing things around, maybe you oughta get yourself a soldering iron At first I was afraid to do this stuff, but it's actually quite easy. LP's in particular are easy because they are really well laid on on the inside. And to top that off, there are heaps of wiring diagrams around (many on this web site) to guide you.
    Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Re: pots and caps in new LPs??

Originally posted by kaknight
      With all of this changing things around, maybe you oughta get yourself a soldering iron At first I was afraid to do this stuff, but it's actually quite easy. LP's in particular are easy because they are really well laid on on the inside. And to top that off, there are heaps of wiring diagrams around (many on this web site) to guide you.
      I've tried soldering but it always turns out to be a major mess. I was never able to stop the solder from balling up on the back of the pots and I ended up burning out a pot in my Dean. Plus, I have no place to solder.....I was doing it on the bedroom floor, then the bed....but I burned a hole in the rug and almost threw the iron out the window. Now I take it to my tech.

Comment

Working...
      X