My Customized AXE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Customized AXE!

alright, well, ive got my Ibanez ICX-120 iceman guitar, now with Dimarzio pickups (PAF pro, and Fred) so it sounds nice and snappy, well, hears what my guitar will be very soon, i need feed back and comments, and suggestions, i dont wanna have a poor sounding guitar

Stock body, and neck

Dimarzio:
    current p/ups, push/pull 500 k pots (for coil splitting), 1 microphared capacitor for tone(ithink thats the word for the voltage), nickel p/up covers, and a graphite nut

Tone Pros locking bridge and tail peace (tune-o-matic style) with my strings wrapped around tail peace ala Zakk wylde

D'addario lite flatwound Chromes strings,

Planet Waves: auto-trim tuning machines, Squid shoulder strap,

levy kick ass strap

how would that be for an axe? ill have everything but the bridge by next week, the bridge will probly come l8er on this year, but would that rock or what?

Re: My Customized AXE!

1 uF is way too high for a capacitor value...most are between .022 uF and .047. Also, you'll need to make sure the Planet Waves tuners fit the tuner mounting holes on the back of your headstock. If the screw holes don't line up, you'll need to either drill new holes into the headstock or use a different brand of tuner. I recently got a set of locking tuners for my Hamer, and I had no choice but to go with Schallers, as any other brand would've required drilling new holes.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

yeah make sure with the tuners. i bought new pings for my epi sg and i ended up haveing to drill new wholes for them. i guess if they were good enough tuners then it would be worth the effort.
      Down at the edge, close by a river.
      Close to the edge, round by the corner.
      Close to the end, down by the corner.
      Down at the edge, round by the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Shredfast
        1 microphared capacitor for tone(ithink thats the word for the voltage
        By the way, microfarads is not a unit of voltage. Volts is the unit of voltage, farads is the unit for capacitance. Capacitance is a small value, and is almost always measured in nano, pico, or microfarads. uF is an abbreviation for "microfarads." If you were to use a 1 uF capacitor on your tone control, you'd lose almost all of the treble and hear nothing but pure mud when you played it through an amp. As I mentioned above, you'll probably want to go with either .022 uF, .033 uF, or .047 uF. The higher the value, the greater the treble decrease when you turn the tone control down.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
        X