banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I remove the pots from the pickguard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I remove the pots from the pickguard?

I'm shielding a Strat circuit,with aluminum foil. How can I remove the pots (they have some kind of "mounting nuts" on the topside of the pickuard). I tried to pull them away, but I just canīt remove them. I know it's a silly question, but sorry, I have no experience with guitar electronics.
    Itīs so sweet...

Re: How can I remove the pots from the pickguard?

ur gonna wanna pull the knobs off the pots, and u may want to unsolder the pots, but that makes it easier, it is in no way neccessary. as u said, there are washer nuts on one or both sides of the gaurd holding the pot in place.

all u ahve to do is loosen the mounting nut untill it comes off, than the pot will slide right off. this is at least how mine work. i use pliers

maybe im not understanding your question?
    Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
    Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
    Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
    Crate VC-3112
    Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
    Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Originally posted by VaiHalen
      I'm shielding a Strat circuit,with aluminum foil. How can I remove the pots (they have some kind of "mounting nuts" on the topside of the pickuard). I tried to pull them away, but I just canīt remove them. I know it's a silly question, but sorry, I have no experience with guitar electronics.
      Hopefully you have the pickguard off the body completely...After that you need to pull up on the knobs and usually a 1/2" wrench will remove the pot mounting nuts...Once the nuts are off(This doesn't sound right) just pull the pots down and away from the pickguard being careful not to pull any wires off the pots...

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

That's all the information I need, thanks guys.
        Itīs so sweet...

Comment

, but if you don't know how to remove the pots, then why are you doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
            , but if you don't know how to remove the pots, then why are you doing it?
            or better yet, if you know nothing about guitar electronics, why are you shielding a guitar? gotta start somewhere!!!

Comment

Working...
            X