banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curly..Please Welcome Me To My First Blue Bodied Strat! YES!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curly..Please Welcome Me To My First Blue Bodied Strat! YES!

I Looked up the price of a body like this on the Warmoth site in blue transparent or solid color blue and came up over $300 minus the shipping....Just won this beauty off of E Bay for alot less...I'm guessing this is either an older American Series body or a Highway 1 strat body in alder? I'm lefty and blue is my favorite color and a rather hard color to find as a rule...I have another axe that I feel the body is inferior on and I will take the Fender neck,Duncan pickups,and everything else and transfer it all over to this body....I'm thinking a pearl white guard like Curly's would look great on this body or a nice vintage mint green guard? Anyway..Check it out guys...I'm really happy as I've been watching this all week....... I Just compared the grain on this body to the grain on my American Deluxe Crimson Red Transparent and the blue body has a nice grain to it...Looks like a real nice catch for me!

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 06-15-2004, 08:21 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Curly..Please Welcome Me To My First Blue Bodied Strat! YES!

Nice grab John It's a really nice color blue too.
    7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

Originally posted by joelap
      Nice grab John It's a really nice color blue too.
      Thanks buddy...Being a lefty and playing only lefty guitars is so hard..You just gotta grab something nice if and when it rolls around...I Love blue and this color looked stunning on the site and all...Should be very pretty all waxed and shined up...Wish I had some gold hardware for the bridge and tuners..
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Blue Guitars. John, You and Curly remind me of JEWEL...LOL !!!
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
          Hey you.....You just be nice to me and say"Nice blue body there my buddy John" and don't give me no stinkin problems there Mister! :fing25:

Hey Rob...Come over my house and let me show you how a real strat player assembles,sets up.and rewires another strat....

Stick to your Les Pauls buddy! LOL

John

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
            Low blow!

congrats, John ...

I'm switching to 'bursts now

I'd say pearl with aged white or black plastic, or mint with aged white plastic

I still have no idea what model that is ... I don't think it's a regular American strat with a trans finish like that, and I don't know if they did the Deluxe in that color ??

anyway, a great deal on that body! you lefties have it made - you don't have to bid against everyone!
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
              Low blow!

congrats, John ...

I'm switching to 'bursts now

I'd say pearl with aged white or black plastic, or mint with aged white plastic

I still have no idea what model that is ... I don't think it's a regular American strat with a trans finish like that, and I don't know if they did the Deluxe in that color ??

anyway, a great deal on that body! you lefties have it made - you don't have to bid against everyone!
              Curly....It says 2003 American so it can't be a Highway 1...That narrows it down to either an American Deluxe or the American Series body? I'll have to look at my 2003 Fender FrontLine catalog to figure out what he's sending me. I also see a sticker in the neck pocket and the seller has nothing but great feedbacks and tons and tons of Fender parts he sells! Wonder where the heck he get's all this stuff from? Check out all the Fender stuff he has...My Gosh!
              All I Know is the body is blue,lefty,and very perty lookin! I'm stylin...I can play the blues on my blue guitar buddy.....Buy your darn sunburst...Heck I've got tons of sunburst stuff already! LOL....Every lefty Fender is either black,white,or sunburst...

John

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                Hey you.....You just be nice to me and say"Nice blue body there my buddy John" and don't give me no stinkin problems there Mister! :fing25:

Hey Rob...Come over my house and let me show you how a real strat player assembles,sets up.and rewires another strat....

Stick to your Les Pauls buddy! LOL

John
                LOL !!!!... ...OK guys, ya got me ...LOL !!!
                Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Curly....It says 2003 American so it can't be a Highway 1...That narrows it down to either an American Deluxe or the American Series body? I'll have to look at my 2003 Fender FrontLine catalog to figure out what he's sending me. I also see a sticker in the neck pocket and the seller has nothing but great feedbacks and tons and tons of Fender parts he sells! Wonder where the heck he get's all this stuff from? Check out all the Fender stuff he has...My Gosh!
                  All I Know is the body is blue,lefty,and very perty lookin! I'm stylin...I can play the blues on my blue guitar buddy.....Buy your darn sunburst...Heck I've got tons of sunburst stuff already! LOL....Every lefty Fender is either black,white,or sunburst...

John
                  Actually I was wrong....Seems 2003 was the first year for the Highway 1 and mine looks like the Saphire Blue alder body...

Comment

Actually I was wrong....Seems 2003 was the first year for the Highway 1 and mine looks like the Saphire Blue alder body...
                    Gotta be something othe than an American Series, they only had a 2 post trem, yours looks like a 6 screw trem.
                    If its Satiny "dull" finish its probably a Highway 1
                    Either way it'll look real good with a maple board and pearl guard
                    throw some Dimarzios in it and rock on...
                    1997 Roadhouse Strat
                    2005 Eric Clapton Strat
                    2007 Martin 000-28EC
                    2007 Parts-o-Caster

Comment

Nice pickup there! I personally think gold hardware and a tortoise pickgaurd will look the best! I'm a lefty too, so I know how tough and rare it is to get a hold of one... especially at a good price. I absolutely stole my 1978 Les Paul Custom back in 1990 at a Flea Market in Sanford, FL. $650!!!!!! Plays like a dream!

So do me a favor.... if you ever come across a lefty Jazzmaster (USA) give me a shout!

Rock on
                      1978 Lefty Gibson Les Paul Custom (C5 bridge, Jazz neck) with Jimmy Page wiring
                      1996 Lefty Fender Jazzmaster (w/ SD Antiquity IIs)
                      2003 Lefty Taylor 414RCE (Rosewood Limited Edition with Expression System)
                      Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 3-channel through Marshall 1960A cabinet via THD HotPlate
                      Effects: Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah, Fulltone DejaVibe, Maxon Rotary Phaser (PH-350), Boss DD6, Boss RC20 LoopStation, BBE Sonic Stomp

Comment

Nice find. It's almost a shame to cover up that color/grain with a pickguard. But since you have to I'd vote for either a black or metallic/aluminum pickguard. It's routed for an HSS configuration. What pups do you have planned for it?

Comment

very nice man...how about a blue/black pearl guard....?!
                          Originally posted by jeremy
                          God hates bad guitar tone
                          GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                          AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                          EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                          Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Working...
                          X