musiciansfriend... is not my friend anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• musiciansfriend... is not my friend anymore

I ordered my esquire the other day and being that I had the weekend off and i wanted it as soon as possible i paid $35 for 1 day shipping.... instead of just taking the free shipping they offer and getting it monday or tuesday. It doesn't show up today. UPS doesn't do saturday deliveries in my area. So I'm not going to get it until Monday. I call them and tell them how pissed I am that I wasted $35 on something I basically could have had for free. They tell me sorry sir but there is really nothing we can do about it. I'm tempted to send the F'n thing back when It does get here..... I guess their "100% satisfaction gaurantee" doesn't apply to me getting ripped off $35 for shipping
    '05 Gibson SG Standard
    '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
    PRS IRW McCarty
    '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
    82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

When you called did you talk to a Supervisor or some nit-wit who just works there part time to answer the phones? Try talking to a supervisor and see if you can get your money back that way. If not, send the guitar back and go somewhere else.

Comment

I agree

Comment

yeah i think i just talked to a phone jockey. After i simmer down i will call back later and try to talk to someone higher up. I have been searching around looking for someone else that carrys it... and that price matches. the thing is i really want this guitar and at this price
        '05 Gibson SG Standard
        PRS IRW McCarty

Comment

Musician's Friend/Enemy is a big money making machine. I don't think they care about the consumer that much. I've had bad experiences with them as well.

Comment

hey i plan ordering the esquire also from MF, great deal from a fender guitar ($299.99)... that guitar is so beautiful IMO and it sounds great wit that invader! i played a couple of them at guitar center and i just fell in love. =o)~
            Schecter: Diamond Series S1 PLUS (invader in bridge)
            Squier: Bullet Special (lake placid blue, EMG81 in bridge)
            CRATE: V-Series 50 watts (VFX5112)
            Rogue: 50 watts (guitar amp)
            Jasmine: S34C NEX Cutaway

Comment

I've had great experience with MF. I ordered a guitar and an effects processor in the past that I returned after deciding I didn't like them and they gave me full credit, not even charging me for the original shipping.
              Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Ez74,
                I used to have to deal with issues like thjis with consumers at my olk job. What you have to do is point out to a SUPERVISOR that they made in error, and THEIR error not only inconvenienced you, but COSTS you too. Ask the supervisor,
                "Why didn't your 'customer service' rep inform me that you don't have saturday delivery available? Was he not trained right? Or did he just forget? Why should I have to pay for 'Musicians friend's' error?"
                And sound cincere, not angry. Hope that helps. Let us knwo how it went.

Comment

I think if you get to speak to a supervisor (sensibly, under control)he'll be reasonable.

I have never had problems with Musician's Friend...I just don't use them anymore since you really can't try anything out before you buy it, like that guitar. How do you know it'll feel right? Action, neck relief, tremolo?

I'd buy from an actual shop anyday. I want to know what I'm getting.
                  Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                  Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                  Originally posted by Sosomething
                  "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

i'm supposed to call back on monday and get it straightened out

as for if i dont like the guitar they have a 45 day return policy and if i dont like the way it plays i can send it back
                    '05 Gibson SG Standard
                    PRS IRW McCarty

Comment

i ordered it early thursday in time for it to ship the same day. and i should have recieved it friday
                      '05 Gibson SG Standard
                      PRS IRW McCarty

Comment

I've had good and bad experiences with MF. I now don't shop there any longer. AMS or Music123 or zzounds for the big places. also, love Guitar Trader

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Sorry I misread your post. I deleted my response. I've never bought anything major from M-F, but have had many an item backordered for several days or weeks while they await shipment. But I've always received my goods in good shape regardless.
                          Sounds like they owe you $35.
                          Good luck, hope it gets cleared up okay.

Comment

I've mentioned this before, but if there is one place I prefer to order from, it's zzounds.com. Very very fast and professional. They have a great refund policy as well.
                            Originally posted by kevlar3000
                            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                            Originally posted by Zerberus
                            Better is often the enemy of good
                            Originally posted by ginormous
                            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I had the same thing happen with MF a few years ago. I ordered a pedal on Wed and paid for the 'overnite' shipping. Long and short, it didn't turn up till Monday because it wasn't shipped till Friday! Well, I needed it for a little session I had over the weekend.
                              Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
                              www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X