POD info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POD info

Hey, I was hoping that I could get some info on POD versions, I'm looking to purchase a POD, not the V.2, so... waht's the differance? What are the tones on each like?
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Re: POD info

The PODxt is the current generation. The POD 2.0 has no visual interface and the previous generation of modelling. The PODxt has an LCD screen to get to any parameter visually, far superior effects, more amps and cabs modelled, as well as a far better software interface to deep edit your tones. It also allows you to open up patches saved on say a Flextone III from someone else and port them over into your PODxt.

If you need more specific questions answered, pop by my site below...
    Institute Of Noise Music Productions
    http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
    Bogner Amplification
    http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

were you one of the guys who tried out the atomic amp? I read the review on your site and am really interested in this amp. If the amp is good, the I can have basically every amp ever created using the pod xt. The total will be under a grand also.

Comment

Originally posted by presa_tito
        were you one of the guys who tried out the atomic amp? I read the review on your site and am really interested in this amp. If the amp is good, the I can have basically every amp ever created using the pod xt. The total will be under a grand also.
        I have to admit that this is interesting to me as well. I use my POD 2.0 to do a lot of recording, but it doesn't sound very good thru my tube power amps...maybe I'll be able to use it live now? That would be very exciting...

Farkus
        2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
        1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Those pod things are toys, seriously. If you're a kid looking for something to play with in the sandbox, then go for it. But if you are serious about music, **** them.
          Dang, I rock!

Comment

Originally posted by I Rock So Hard
            Those pod things are toys, seriously. If you're a kid looking for something to play with in the sandbox, then go for it. But if you are serious about music, **** them.
            I think that you've 'Rocked So Hard' that you may have knocked something loose...

As you can see from my equipment list, I also play Marshalls, etc. The POD is simply much better to haul to gigs than a Marshall head, 4x12 cab, 3 effects units and cables...that's just for my dirty tone. Then the Fender Hot Rod Dx for cleans and the effects for it...Don't get me wrong, modeling amps aren't for everyone, but they are fine for me when I'm recording tracks.

Besides, one of my buds that actually does some studio work uses POD's all the time when he's tracking guitar/bass...I think before that he was using 'Amp Farm' (I think that's what it was called...he used it with Pro Tools) partly because it took so long to get 5 different amps in and set up for a session.

So, I guess when you're ready to get serious and get out of the sandbox yourself, maybe you can move up to Line6.

Farkus
            2007 Strat ('78 bridge, a2 Pro neck)
            1976 Strat (Antiquity 1 set)

Fender, Mesa, Marshall Amps

Comment

Originally posted by presa_tito
              DUDE!

What happened to your avatar??
              It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
              - David St. Hubbins

Comment

Incidentally, I think Farkus is right. I don't have any POD experience myself, but I've heard MANY a professional musician say good things. The POD is just a tool like any other and I see no reason to instantly dismiss it.
                It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
                - David St. Hubbins

Comment

Originally posted by I Rock So Hard
                  I'm somewhat of a tube amp snob. I own a 1/2 dozen or more tube
                  amps (Vintage and Modern) Guess what?? I do more than 1/2 of my
                  recording with the Line 6 stuff!! IT'S NO JOKE !! It's a tool just like
                  already mentioned. If you can't sound good with the Line 6 stuff.......
                  YOU CAN'T SOUND GOOD !!
                  http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Line 6 is great for recording that is for sure, allthough I like the Vox box better soundwise, the Line6 stuff is very good.

Comment

Working...
                    X