banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MiniHB - P90 guitar mod: Does this sound right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiniHB - P90 guitar mod: Does this sound right?

Fellas,

With the guitars I own, I am missing a huge tonal spectrum, and the basic points that I am missing are:

1. semi hollow body,

2. p90 (I love mountain, I love black crowes)

3. firebird mini hbs (I am a big Johnny Winter fan)

I have a walnut warmoth hardtail strat with a5/a3 modded antiquity HBs. It sounds great, YET I have 3 LPs, and all of them can kick that guitars ass. I mean, its tone while very good, is somewhat flat when compared against any of my LPs. Thus I am not using it that much. Everytime I force myself to play that guitar, after some warming up period I end up playing my R7.

I am thinking of using its neck for a new USA custom guitars project.

The easiest way out would be to try 2 phatcats on that guitar. But I somehow don't think that would be the solution.

What if I were to get a USA custom shop body (honduran mahogany) routed for 3 p90s. I like the jazzy master body style, yet it would not be hollow. then as far as I can see the only option would be getting a thinline with a strat bridge and f hole.

Finally about the minihb's. The firebird style minis (not LP deluxe) wouldn't fit the p90 thing no? I need to have some rings for that. Or am I mistaken. I could go with the gibson LP deluxe minis, yet then the question is: Would I get close to the Winter tone?

Best,

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Re: MiniHB - P90 guitar mod: Does this sound right?

If you end up going with a new body and are looking to sell the old walnut body, send me a PM, i may be interested if i dont find another one prior.
    Thanks,
    Brian
    Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

Re: MiniHB - P90 guitar mod: Does this sound right?

Thanks but I don't think I will be selling it. Might come handy any time you know.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
      X