banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about '74 Gibson Marauder value.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about '74 Gibson Marauder value.

You gotta copy and paste this into your browser http://www.tfta.com/eshop/product.asp?crypt=HPcog?(NPcog?(WugtKF?;76:67;82(W utPcog?(WutV{rg?(WutNgxgn?&t=Solid+Body&w=Guitars& CGID=40&sKey=Search&iPage=4&PRID=3576

A local shop has that in, I'm planning on gonig there tommorow to try it out. I just wanted to know if that's a particularaly good price, and if those guitars are collectibles or anything. Also if they're projected to go up in value in the future, cause hell, even if I hate it, I sitll may buy it 'cause it's not that common.

Re: Questions about '74 Gibson Marauder value.

Marauders were never anyone's idea of a collector's guitar. I've always thought that Gibson was trying to make a Les Paul equivalent of a Tele Custom. I think, and again, this is only my opinion, that $699 is about $200-250 over what this thing is worth. Looking at the pic, though, it does look like it's in very good condition, but I still don't think that I'd give them more than about $450 for it. Take that for what it's worth. Then again, if you really like the instrument, who's to say how much it's worth to you?
    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Those Marauders dont fetch much these days. I'd be suprised if they could get 250 for it. But of course, someone itsnt gonna know what it's worth, and buy it. They're great playing and sounding guitars, but they have no value what-so-ever.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

So bassically, if I play it and like it, I shouldn't expect it to raise in value, but I shuold expect to be able to haggle it down alot?

Comment

dude, waste, you should be able to haggle it down quite a bit. Tell 'em that they wont be able to get it at that price, and that you wanna take it out the door for 400 flat. Thats probably the best you can do.
          This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

I agree with what the others are saying. I see them popping up on eBay all the time for dirt cheap so spending that much money is a waste IMHO. They weren't the most well known Gibsons in the world, there may be a reason for that. One of the guys from Sum 41 does use a bunch of Marauders on tour. They are unique guitars so if they're your thing, definitely go for it... just look around for prices and don't pay too much. That's pretty much for any gear buyer. My next purchase is for a $2100 list price guitar so I'm trying to search around for other sources to bring that down
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

OK I love Gibson but I've never played a Marauder that wasn't a POS, maybe you'll get lucky, who knows. I wouldn't expect TITA to move much on the price, I've tried dealing with them at shows a couple of times and never had any luck with them. If they don't have much into it maybe they'll swing but don't count on it.

Good luck anyway
              My Bands -
              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
              X