Mods to my Boss Blues Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods to my Boss Blues Driver

I want to thank forum memeber Korovamilkdud(Chris) for modding my Boss Blues Driver. The pedal is much more useable because stock it had the old blanket over the speaker sound and it was really bright sounding. It still has a bright sound but it`s easily controlled and this pedal has a lot of gain , I should be getting my Boss DS-1 anyday with hopes that Stratdeluxer will have time to mod it. Thanks again Chris
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: Mods to my Boss Blues Driver

Originally posted by 51501984
    I want to thank forum memeber Korovamilkdud(Chris) for modding my Boss Blues Driver. The pedal is much more useable because stock it had the old blanket over the speaker sound and it was really bright sounding. It still has a bright sound but it`s easily controlled and this pedal has a lot of gain , I should be getting my Boss DS-1 anyday with hopes that Stratdeluxer will have time to mod it. Thanks again Chris
    Anytime bro...Just send it whenever...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Can I ask you how you modified it?

I've only played one once before, and it was through a Marshall which coloured the tone very much..... I wouldn't call it bright sounding though, it actually reminded me of a mxr distortion+ with less dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by theboatcandream
        Can I ask you how you modified it?

I've only played one once before, and it was through a Marshall which coloured the tone very much..... I wouldn't call it bright sounding though, it actually reminded me of a mxr distortion+ with less dirt.

i think you're asking me, so I'll give you a brief description...

I add bass, I add more low-mids to make it warmer (less bright-sounding?) the harshness is gone, the tone knob is much more usable, more bottom, a tad more gain, and still very responsive to picking technique. It sounds spongier, I think EVEN MORE valvey than stock. Send me a PM if you're interested.
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Working...
        X