Fender Microtilt adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Microtilt adjustment?

Hey guys, would there be any compatibility problems putting a Warmoth neck on a Fender American Strat body with a microtilt adjustment? Both the neck and body use the standard four bolt pattern. I'm really not familiar with the microtilt adjustment, so I just want to make sure there wouldn't be any problem putting a Warmoth neck on a microtilt body. Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Fender Microtilt adjustment?

hmmm....sh*t man, the first Fender question I've ever been stumped on. I think there's a little threaded screw in thing in the neck of the Fender, but I'm not sure. Oh f*ck it, just set the neck how you want it and screw the microtilt system. You need a good, tight neckjoint anyway.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Yeah just remove that little bugger of a $crew....that system is worth next to nothing.
      If the neck angle is wrong get a very thin piece of veneer instead, and stick that in under the neck where is it is closest to the body.

Comment

Ryan,

You would need to take that screw of the neck and then make sure you have got a really tight fit with the body. You may find that you would have to make 4 new holes for the new 4 bolt neckplate as the 3 bolt holes would not be in the right place. In order to this you would need to make sure everything is clamped up really tight in order to get the holes correctly aligned with the new neck to the body. Of course you may have 3 holes showing at the back or at least one of them.

I am not sure that you really want to go through all of this unless you really know what you are doing- would'nt be easier to just get a body which had the 4 holes already pre-drilled and then fit in the warmoth neck? Unless you already have the body yourself. Check the following pic which is my '79 and illustrates the 3 bolt system.

Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
          Yeah just remove that little bugger of a $crew....that system is worth next to nothing.
          If the neck angle is wrong get a very thin piece of veneer instead, and stick that in under the neck where is it is closest to the body.
          I wonder what the idfference in the G&L system is, as I never took the neck off of one of those, theirs works well. I don't think you'll run into any problems though Ryan, and I wouldn't nessarily toss it, as normally the nek angle isn't much anyway; although I agree that a shim is the better way to go, well a metal screw is a pretty good transferer of mechnical vibration as well.
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
          X