RIP trem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP trem...

i screwed my non-locking trem completely over, man, i tried to dive-bomb. repetedly, and over a long period of time. the saddles are actually bent. i tried to fix it, it has the worst fret buzz of anything i've ever seen. i had to play above the 12th fret, just to get it to sustain right. but now, its stopped, just a little buzz here and there, but really, dude, a saw blade is all thats holding it together. a sawblade, man! should i just buy a new trem?

it dances!
    :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
    Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Re: RIP trem...

Depends on how much your guitar is worth, but if you want to do dive bombs, a locking tremolo is probably the only decent way to go...

Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Re: RIP trem...

Naw man, you aint gotta have no lockin trem. Go to stew-mac, and find a trem you like. And have it PROFESIONALLY (read: a jackass who actually knows what he's doing) installed. If the trem is properly setup, lubed, your nut is cut well and lubed, and have eleminated nearly all binding areas, then you can have a kick ass divebomb setup, without having to loose sustain. by the way man, welcome to the Forum. Hope you stay awhile.
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Working...
      X