Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trembucker or normal?? help

hi guys
    im soon be putting a new bridge pickup into my gibbo v and i was checking the stock pickups to see whether they were normal spaced

to do this, i found one of my old ibanez pickups (from my rg470) which is trem spaced and laid it next to the stock gibson pickups (500T)

and they line up! - i always thought the opposite! that gibson Vs were normal spaced
    but here, the tremspaced ibanez pickup lines up with the gibbo pickup and the strings

am i missing somthin...?

Ishan
    Guitars:
    Ernie Ball/Music Man Sillhouette Special (custom wound Blue Velvets, JB bridge), Ibanez RG3120 (PAFPro neck, Tone Zone), Gibson V (Seth in Neck, C5 in bridge), Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (Stock)
    Amps:
    Mesa Boogie Mark III Simulcass Head, Marshall JMP-1, Mesa Boogie 50/50, Trace Elliot Tramp

Re: trembucker or normal?? help

The stock PU of my RG 550 (V2) was normal spaced, so i guess yours is too....
    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
    TS 7 (modded)
    Hot Rod 50+ XL
    Framus Dragon 4x12
    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

I found out my Dean V was tremspaced the hard way. I bought a JB and installed it and low and beholed the poles didn't match the strings, ******
      MIM Fender Strat-stock
      Kramer Focus-cool rails/vintage rails/hot rails
      Dean V X- 85/81
      Crybaby From Hell
      Ibanez DE7
      ADA MP-1
      Furman EQ
      Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

another thing too
        i took the ibanez pickup out of an rg470 and put in a normal spaced tone zone
        the tone zone doesnt line up!
        so im guessn that would suggest the ibanez pickup was trem spaced?
        Guitars:
        Ernie Ball/Music Man Sillhouette Special (custom wound Blue Velvets, JB bridge), Ibanez RG3120 (PAFPro neck, Tone Zone), Gibson V (Seth in Neck, C5 in bridge), Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster (Stock)
        Amps:
        Mesa Boogie Mark III Simulcass Head, Marshall JMP-1, Mesa Boogie 50/50, Trace Elliot Tramp

Comment

Easy way to find out: Measure the string spacing at the bridge pickup. If the strings are 2" (5.08cm) apart or closer, a normal humbucker will line up fine. If its more, go Trembucker
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
          X