Charvel (Japan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel (Japan)

Anyone knows what this Charvels model nr is???

It is Japanese.....it is pretty cheap and I like the Japanese Charvels.
    But does anyone know where to dig up info on the Japanese ones??

Re: Charvel (Japan)

Owner:
    Slamo Custom Guitars
    Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

Well that was the first place I went .....and that did not yield any result....hmm

Comment

It looks to be a Charvel model 2 with the single coil and switches added aftermarket. The angle of the single coil is more extreme than any I've seen stock which suggests that it was added after. I remember seeing that on the JCF and that is what the general concensus was: Model 2 with mods.
        Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Yeah I had the same thought, and the locknut is also behind the nut.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
            Yeah I had the same thought, and the locknut is also behind the nut.
            I don't understand what you mean by that. The model series had both behind the nut and nut mounted locknuts depending on year. Could you explain?
            Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Oh I just thought that those where with the terrible Kahler two studs trem.
              It is also probally a standart Schaller Floyd with the thick baseplate.

Comment

I had a 1987 model 4 with the Jackson JT6 Floyd and a behind the nut locknut for a while. They didn't only use the behind the nut for Kahlers, if that helps at all.

Comment

Found it for 2200 Dkr and I also dug up a Kramer American for a measly 1000 kr's.
                  Hmm I'll have to wait and see how the Kramer looks before doing much.

Comment

I had a 1987 model 4 with the Jackson JT6 Floyd and a behind the nut locknut for a while. They didn't only use the behind the nut for Kahlers, if that helps at all.
                    Yeah it also eliminate that bar behind the locknut on a normal Floyd, and the annoying buzz those nuts sometimes gets affected with.
                    Guess the tuning stability is just as good.

Comment

Working...
                    X