Ibanez TS808 reissue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez TS808 reissue

Anyone tried one? I have a TS9.. Is this one any better? I know the vintage ones are supposed to be stellar.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Hi. I posted a review of the new TS 808 Re-Issue on the old Forum. I really like em. I have a couple original 808's and the new one's sound very close. They are MUCH better, all around, than the Re-Issue TS9. It seems Ibanez got it right on this one.
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Ditto 59paul. Got mine like 3 days ago. I wouldn’t say it’s miles better than the TS9 but it has a more, polished, singing midrange.
      Psychic Horns

Comment

Originally posted by bloodswords
        Ditto 59paul. Got mine like 3 days ago. I wouldn’t say it’s miles better than the TS9 but it has a more, polished, singing midrange.

The 808 reissue is great,I got mine a few weeks back and I really like it alot..The TS9 reissues have the TA57778 opamp that I don't like.The 808 reissue has selected JRC4558D opamps and the 2 lower resistance values in it's output stage that the TS9 doesn't have.The 808 is smoother and warmer.The TS9 is a bit harsher by comparison and brighter..The new 808 was done right in my opinion.I upgraded some caps in my 808 and gave mine a bit more gain and lows..It has a singing tube amp tone and a throaty tone overall..

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Working...
        X