banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who actually uses the line6 stompboxes and rack modellers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who actually uses the line6 stompboxes and rack modellers?

Im talking about the coloured ones...green delay, blue effects, purple filters, yellow distortions, and the red amp one. But namely interested in the green, blue and purple ones being used with big tube rigs.

Does anyone use these in such situations, im thinking of getting a delay one for use with my ENGL, do they perform well with big tube rigs?

How do people find them?
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Who actually uses the line6 stompboxes and rack modellers?

I use the DL4 Delay stompbox with my tube rig...tube or not, it sounds amazing. Its worth it for the looping alone, but the tap tempo and the wonderful delay models sound great. I use it in non-true-bypass mode so the delays trail off when I shut it off. In my rig, it sounds great no matter how it is bypassed.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Wow, well that certainly sounds promising! Anyone else?
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

I don't use any of the stompboxes, but I do have a Spyder 112 that I use for smaller venues that we play. It's a kick ass little amp. I can't imagine any Line 6 product sounding too bad.
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

I used a line 6 delay modeler (green) up until this month. It's a great sounding unit. I mean, really great. The delay sounds are superb.

The looper is easy to use, but has limited time and memory, and the loops aren't quantizable. I sold it because I had the opportunity to pick up a boss loop station cheap, along with a boss dd5, greatly enhancing my sampling and looping capabilities and still keeping a good delay (while freeing up room in my pedal bag -the line 6 stuff takes up some real estate).

I love the filter modeler, too.
          Originally posted by Jolly
          ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I'd also be interested to know how the Line 6 delay compares to the DigiTech and Boss delays, besides price and knobs/features.
            Originally posted by The Minstrel
            Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

I like the boss ddls, and the basic digital delay sound of the boss and the line 6 is similar. The difference is the line 6 has a bunch of other cool delays, as well, including excellent tape and tube echoplex simulations.

Comment

i gotta say for just loops, look at the boomerang, or ideally, the Echoplex Digital Pro- you have every quantize feature available, including midi sync.

I like the Line6 for a cheaper delay..the Boss Loops station has more time, but it isnt as user friendly live. I haven't checked out the GigaDelay, but some people really like it.

Comment

that delay modeler is a wonderful piece of work

Comment

I bought the green delay modeler after I checked out Gearjonesers. The loop function time can be doubled by recording it in half-speed mode. Works pretty well.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I got the modulation box, dig it a bunch. You gotta tweak past the presets to get them to sing but I am very happy. If you check out my latest tune on my link ( invasion from planet K) you will hear both the Univibe and Phaser in action on the tune. I ran my 72 Carlsbro wide open with the FX (live during tracking) in the input. The sound was heavenly. They are a great deal. The tune is still a rough mix, but the tones are there.
                      ]
                      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer
                        i gotta say for just loops, look at the boomerang, or ideally, the Echoplex Digital Pro- you have every quantize feature available, including midi sync.

I like the Line6 for a cheaper delay..the Boss Loops station has more time, but it isnt as user friendly live. I haven't checked out the GigaDelay, but some people really like it.
                        the boomerang looks cool. Dunno much about the echoplex. I'm pretty impressed with the loop station at this point. What didn't you like about it for live -I'm learning to use it at the moment, and hope to press it into service soon...

Comment

well, live, the loopstation has those tiny buttons to manipulate the loops, so you either have to have it on the stand or have some really pointy toes.
                          the echoplex is now made by Gibson, and if you ever get really into looping, there is nothing better. Kinda pircy, at around $800US.

Comment

Well I use the yellow DM-4 stompbox modeler and I'm very pleased...I've posted a huge review about it on the harmony-central...I've reviewed every pedal that it emulates so if you intend to buy one I'd recommend you to read it...you could search it with my name 'Sarven Berberyan' ...I've also posted a few threads about it here so help yourselves
                            90' Heritage H-147 w/Schaller Golden 50's
                            99' USA Fender Stratocaster
                            96' Fender Montara Electric/Acoustic
                            79' Fender Twin Reverb 135W w/JBL's + Line 6 DM-4 + Boss OD-1 Overdrive + MXR DynaComp + Boss CH-1 Super Chorus + Jim Dunlop Crybaby

Comment

Originally posted by italic zero
                              I'd also be interested to know how the Line 6 delay compares to the DigiTech and Boss delays, besides price and knobs/features.
                              I've never tried the Line 6 delay or the DD-5/6 only the dd-3, and i have the Digitech x-series DigiDelay.

I've had it for about 2 years now, it's great but i don't use all the settings/modes, i only use the Tape, Chorus and 250-1sec modes. FANTASTIC Tape delay, and the Chorus delay is great, if you but down the repeats and time knobs you get a really thick, good chorus sound! It's worth giving it a shot if you have the opportunity!
                              100% Bass player

Comment

Working...
                              X