banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who actually uses the line6 stompboxes and rack modellers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who actually uses the line6 stompboxes and rack modellers?

i've like all the ones i've tried...

i also read in the gear listed on the Velvet Revolver cd that slash is using line 6 effects on the album...?!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Thurisarz
      I've never tried the Line 6 delay or the DD-5/6 only the dd-3, and i have the Digitech x-series DigiDelay.

I've had it for about 2 years now, it's great but i don't use all the settings/modes, i only use the Tape, Chorus and 250-1sec modes. FANTASTIC Tape delay, and the Chorus delay is great, if you but down the repeats and time knobs you get a really thick, good chorus sound! It's worth giving it a shot if you have the opportunity!
      How transparent is it? That's what I'm really looking for, a delay that will retain the tone of guitar-chord-amp into my ENGL screamer 50, whether it's off or on. I won't use it for looping, I don't need much more than a second delay time, and I don't need lots of features. I probably wouldn't even use the chorus if I had the option. I just want a delay that's flexible for stage use and won't break my tone. Keep in mind that this will probably be the only stomp box I'm running besides a volume pedal, and possibly a phaser in front later on (and even farther ahead, maybe a modded GE-7). So I'm not running lots of cable and I'm not running lots of effects, I just want something low noise and very transparent, whether it's on or off.
      Originally posted by The Minstrel
      Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

I am interested in running the line 6 delay and the line 6 modeler(filters) through the effects loop on a Marshall 900. Will this work? I have experimented in running stomp boxes thru the loop before, and it deteriorates the tone of the Amp significantly. I don't want to have to buy the pedals and bring them back if they won't work
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by italic zero
          How transparent is it? That's what I'm really looking for, a delay that will retain the tone of guitar-chord-amp into my ENGL screamer 50, whether it's off or on. I won't use it for looping, I don't need much more than a second delay time, and I don't need lots of features. I probably wouldn't even use the chorus if I had the option. I just want a delay that's flexible for stage use and won't break my tone. Keep in mind that this will probably be the only stomp box I'm running besides a volume pedal, and possibly a phaser in front later on (and even farther ahead, maybe a modded GE-7). So I'm not running lots of cable and I'm not running lots of effects, I just want something low noise and very transparent, whether it's on or off.
          if i were you i would buy a rack!
          If you want something cheap, i would go for the Digitech, i tried it in various of amps, and it's very transparent and low noice! You get what you want and nothing else!
          100% Bass player

Comment

I was actually thinking about getting a rack set up, but when I'm only running one or two effects it seems a bit unnecessary, besides the fact that most of the rack effects are uber-expensive multi effects boxes. I was also thinking about the delaya XL, I think it gets up to 1000ms delay, plus it's a double analog head. More expensive, but still in the same range as the Line 6. I'm just not sure if I need that true analog sound. I guess I just need to try these things out.
            Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

To pack all the FX of the Green and Blue modelers onto a board, you'd need a 10 foot pedalboard, so I love the sounds I can combine with those. Since I didn't want those pedals in my signal chain when they're off, I put them on a loopbox, so I can set the sounds before the song, then bring them in or out with one button. The right button on the pink loopbox goes straight to a silent tuner. I mostly use the Blue modeler to get the sounds that traditional analog boxes can't give me.

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by italic zero
                I was actually thinking about getting a rack set up, but when I'm only running one or two effects it seems a bit unnecessary, besides the fact that most of the rack effects are uber-expensive multi effects boxes. I was also thinking about the delaya XL, I think it gets up to 1000ms delay, plus it's a double analog head. More expensive, but still in the same range as the Line 6. I'm just not sure if I need that true analog sound. I guess I just need to try these things out.
                You might check out the Chandler Stereo Echo rack unit. It does one thing very well - ECHO. It is extremetly transparent. Like all rack effects (and time-based effects) it works best in a parallel effects loop. I had been using old Roland Space Echoes for years and I've finally backed it up with a Chandler - it almost sounds as good too. They're pretty hard to find as they arte no longer made. They frequently pop up on Ebay. Usually in the $200-300 range. Wow, this one went pretty high at $380!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3726433956
                (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

the filter modeller will not work in an effects loop

it needs to be first in your signal chain as many of the settings are envelope based so any time of decibel increase is gonna mess with it

DL-4 is good to go in the FX loop though

the delay isn't particularly transparent it's quite messy but in a really nice trippy/dubby way
                  Jazzmaster Owner

My eBay Auctions

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkman
                    You might check out the Chandler Stereo Echo rack unit. It does one thing very well - ECHO. It is extremetly transparent. Like all rack effects (and time-based effects) it works best in a parallel effects loop. I had been using old Roland Space Echoes for years and I've finally backed it up with a Chandler - it almost sounds as good too. They're pretty hard to find as they arte no longer made. They frequently pop up on Ebay. Usually in the $200-300 range. Wow, this one went pretty high at $380!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3726433956
                    That looks real nice... not too flexible though.

Comment

Does anyone here have the purple Filter pedal? I wish I had more room on my board for one. It's one of those pedals that you really have to dig into, in order to find a musical use for it. I just want one for sounds that make people's heads turn when they hear it.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I've always wanted one of them green delays. Great reviews from friends, and looking here, great reviews all around! A must buy when I sell my left kidney!!! :/ ...yeah, they're a little pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                          Does anyone here have the purple Filter pedal? I wish I had more room on my board for one. It's one of those pedals that you really have to dig into, in order to find a musical use for it. I just want one for sounds that make people's heads turn when they hear it.
                          I had one for a while, you can hear it on a few of my tunes. Pretty cool but it tracks horribly ( intentional to a point) but I personally think the ring mod on the boss ME 50 is much better for my synth moods. It is much more 3D and full plus it is controlled by the onboard pedal, the Whammy FX also sound better on that than they do on my old orig whammy. Tracks much better too.
                          I sold my filter box and have not missed it.
                          ]
                          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

About the Chandler... how do you gig with something like that? No footswitch, presets, saveable settings... memorize and fiddle around with the knobs each time you want a different setting? The tone sounds really like what I'm looking for, an ultra high quality digital delay. But is the trade-off too much?

Dang, I still really want one of those. I'll keep an eye out. Other suggestions are welcome.

Also, is it worth moving into a true bypass box?
                            Last edited by italic zero; 06-26-2004, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I've got the MM-4 (blue effects stompbox), and I'm super happy with it. You get great phasers, flangers, u-vibe, and choruses for just like $250. I love it, the tones are great and very tweakable.
                              Fender Classic 60's Strat
                              Epi Les Paul - PG/SH-4
                              DSL50 w/Avatar 2x12 (V30/G12H30)
                              Vox V848 wah
                              Line 6 MM-4
                              Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer

Comment

Working...
                              X