Getting my new amp real soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my new amp real soon!

I'm going to Sam Ash tomorrow to put down a deposit on my Vox 120 Watt Valvetronix 2X12 combo. I'm really psyched about this, as I've become fed up with my tone that I'm getting from my current amp. Of course, I haven't gotten my new pickups yet, but for now, I'll deal. Anyways, just updating on that.

I'm getting the older model, which is substantially cheaper. What it lacks is a closed back, which I was told will give me better bass response, but what I hate about my current amp is that it is bassy as hell. Also, it doesn't have the special speakers, but they are still Celestion vintage 30's, so that works for me. I'm psyched!

- Jeremy

Re: Getting my new amp real soon!

the special speakers suck IMO. I was not impressed. I thought the older one was better than the newer one. I actually preferred the head version, but that's just me.

I thought that amp was the best of the modelling stuff out there. congrats.

My favorite models are probably the 4x10 bassman for cleans and the Dumble ODS for gain. (labeled as boutique drive or something, located about 5:30 on the dial)

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

yeah, in addition to that, I'm totally digging the Soldano (I thought it was Slash's at first, but still cool) as well as the 212, and the boutique clean was really purty too.

Comment

Best of everything with your new amp...I've had my eyes on the 120 watt Valvetronix head that Scott speaks about...I'm going to wait on any big purchases for right now though,especially after coming off a vacation!

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I went out today and made a down payment... graduation party this weekend, that means, big dolares should be coming in, and hopefully I go get my new baby on Monday. Then, all I gots to do is switch out my Dime/DD for a JB/APH-1, put an Earvana nut on, and some new sperzels with the drop d thing, a nice new cream colored pickguard, (this is all for my black cherry colored SG), and set it up to 9-46 gauge, and I am set for college. Man, I'm stoked. I'm hoping to be able to sell this pickup combo on Ebay for maybe, like, within 20 bucks of what I am buying the new ones at, and I'm hoping to sell the current amp for within 50 of the price of the new one...

GASSSSS

Comment

Way to go. You'll be stoked. I love the Soldano, UK 90's and the US Higain. The clean settings are cool, too. But you have to crank it a bit to appreciate those and they sound better on at least the 15 watt setting or higher. The tremelo is fun with the clean settings. Yesterday I was playing around with the AC-30TB and put a fuzz, chorus and delay on it.

If you have problems with a bit a buzzing, one known cure is to cover the line out and headphone out with tape or a blank plastic cover. Air coming out of the wholes can cuase a buzzing noise. Not a big issue.

I find, plenty of bass on tap, so I wouldn't worry about not having a closed cab. You can always get a closed back cab in the future.

I've had mine for six months and have had no problems.

This is a great amp. You feel connected to it when playing. Enjoy.
            GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
            KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

i was playin aroun with my friends ad-60 combo and realised it was such a great amp..
              hes selling it but its too much cos the irish prices here are a rip off so im gonna mabye wait and get a used ad60 head , better than using the plywood in those combos..
              Marshall JVM 410C
              Mesa Boogie DC-3
              ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
              1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
              2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
              2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
              1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
              2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
              1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

Working...
              X