No announcement yet.

Capoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For electric, it's simple. I use the Dunlop Trigger Capo. It rules. It's easy to use, fast, and effective.

A capo is a really integral part of my songwriting. It opens up things for me I wouldn't normally find. It's hard for me to not use one to be honest
    Originally posted by kevlar3000
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Originally posted by Zerberus
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Originally posted by ginormous
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Shubb all the way.

Had some people bring their guitars in to the shop I work at with a lot of fretboard damage...all of them had the same problem: they all used the Kyser-style capos. Turns out the springs on those things, especially when new, will press the strings down into the fretboard. We stopped stocking them and only stock the Shubbs now because the adjustable tension on them allows you to put only so much pressure on the strings as to make sure each is fretted and not drive them down into the wood.

If you use a Kyser, pay careful attention to the fretboard if you use it often. If the spring isn't worked in, it can wreak havoc on your axe.

Comment

I will give you a few to look at.

1. Shubb. Excellent
        2. Kyser. Very good
        3. There is another one made by a banjo company, I can't remember the name.
        4. Hamilton fret spanner. (i use this) I like these because they clamp the string to the fret rather than behind it so I never have to retune after placing it on the fret board. They are hard to find and are not as easy to use as the others but I prefer them. I keep a capo in every guitar case and have never had the rubber dry out.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Working...
        X