banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

okay I figured out why I was having trouble with my floyd rose and tuning, fixed now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okay I figured out why I was having trouble with my floyd rose and tuning, fixed now.

You guys know how aggravated I got with it, tried everything. One of the saddles pulled forward all the way. I was told by someone that this happens on them every once in a while, so I check it out and voila, that was the problem. Nothing would ever go in tune because that saddle moved way the hell out of position. I re-intonated and tuned up and everything's fine now.

Re: okay I figured out why I was having trouble with my floyd rose and tuning, fixed now.

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Re: okay I figured out why I was having trouble with my floyd rose and tuning, fixed now.

I've had that happen once or twice myself. Usually, it's because the screw that holds the saddle to the bridge is stripped, and it can't hold the saddle tight enough. That throws your intonation way off when it happens.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I know I go on and on about intonation, but 9 times outta 10, that's why a guitar is outta whack and won't stay in tune. I've seen guys buy locking Sperzels, when all they needed was an intonation/setup job.

I've found that by going beyond the open/12th fret, and intonating for all the notes up to the 20th fret will get a guitar so dialed in, it just rings perfect on all chords.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
          I know I go on and on about intonation, but 9 times outta 10, that's why a guitar is outta whack and won't stay in tune. I've seen guys buy locking Sperzels, when all they needed was an intonation/setup job.

I've found that by going beyond the open/12th fret, and intonating for all the notes up to the 20th fret will get a guitar so dialed in, it just rings perfect on all chords.

GJ, you are SO RIGHT about the Intonation !!!! It is VITALLY Important !!!!!!!!! .............
          Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
          X