A JEM555 Problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A JEM555 Problem...

Hey guys, I have a JEM555 and I have a minor problem with it and was wondering if anyone can help.

Basically the problem is, if I play a note, e.g. on the 12th fret of the high E, hold that note and then play a note on the B string while the E string note is still playing...you with me? Then the B string note sounds all fuzzy and...crap. I can't figure out why its doing it...maybe something to do with the pickups? I've tried it with both humbuckers and the single coil but the noise it makes is always the same.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Re: A JEM555 Problem...

interfering frequencies. it does that on my SG also..
    what i also found out. if i play the high e string at the 12th fret my A string starts to resonate and adds a cool reverb type of sound like a 2nd guitarist would be playing lower octaves hehe.... havent tried that out on other guitars but it sounds damn good.. cool for rocking out by yourself. havent tried it out on stage yet though

Comment

Is there anyway to stop it from happening?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Reath.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem you're describing is, but it could be an intonation issue. Do you know how to check the intonation on your Jem? If so, is the intonation correct? Also, your fingerboard can be the culprit. On my Strat, there is so much gunk on the fingerboard, that it affected the intonation on the instrument!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

i always thought that that thing was a fault of the amp. that it cant amplify and process all of the frequencies thrown at it, but i was wrong lol

i think it's natural, that some frequencies interfere with one another, nullify eachother and it makes em sould fuzzy

but i learned to use that to my advantage hehe

Comment

Nah I have nooo idea how to check the intonation or even what it is... but I'll give my fingerboard a clean and maybe a new set of strings for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Reath
              Nah I have nooo idea how to check the intonation or even what it is... but I'll give my fingerboard a clean and maybe a new set of strings for starters.
              That's a great start!

Checking the intonation is a snap:

Play each string open and make sure it's dead-on in tune. Then play it at the 12th fret and see if it's still dead-on. Chances are, it isn't. You will need to detune the string and move the saddle a little forward or backward and retune it to check the intonation again. If the note is sharp, move the saddle BACK. If it's flat, move it FORWARD. Do this one string at a time. You will notice a huge improvement once it's set up properly.

Comment

Ok, thanks alot I'll try that as soon as I can. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Reath
                  Ok, thanks alot I'll try that as soon as I can. Thanks for your help.
                  No problem! Us Jem users have to stick together!
                  If you run into a brick wall, make sure to go to www.jemsite.com, the bible for all things Jem-related. HOWEVER, be prepared for some serious anti-Jem 555 sentiments. It's generally considered a phony ...

Comment

Working...
                  X