DIY DS-1 Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY DS-1 Mods

If you're interested in having a modded DS-1, and also wanna try your hand at doing it yourself, Fuzz Central has put up a hybrid version of the two Keeley Mods on their page with a short guide and a parts list:

I ordered the parts for mine, came out to about $30 or so. I'll post about my experience when I finally get my sheeiott and do the mod.

Re: DIY DS-1 Mods

how can you read those schematics?

i wanna get into this stuff but i have very little knowledge. is there a book that can teach you this stuff?
    we can be heroes

Comment

Originally posted by castiron
      how can you read those schematics?

i wanna get into this stuff but i have very little knowledge. is there a book that can teach you this stuff?
      do a search for it. lots of great places to learn. geofx.com (i thknk thats what its called) is one place. another is arons stompbox page.

germ
      Jeremy Ledford
      Tone Guru Extroardinaire
      Tone Shop

Comment

Save yourself the nightmare or schematics and screwing up the circuit board on your DS1...It's not as easy as it looks.....Send your DS1 to me and let me do the work for you....CHEAP! LOL Seriously!

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

yeah, I was a bit worried about pissing off the guys on here who do mods for $, but I posted the link figuring that people who already like doing this sorta thing, or are interested it the experience itself would be the only ones trying it out.

If you're not up for the "hassle" by all means send it to john, as everyone has nothing but good things to say about his mods.

A quick trip to the library should turn up a few books on schematic symbols and what job each individual component usually serves in a circuit. I'm just a beginner myself, but I found the library very useful!
          Last edited by Blue Calx; 06-23-2004, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X