Help me decide on a new amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me decide on a new amp.

hey whats up, I've been looking around lately for a new amp. I have a Marshall avt20 and its alright but sometimes it seems a bit dull and smothered. The sound I am going after is kinda brian may meets the darkness ( i know, i know...) I usually only put about 5 1/2 on gain. and i'm playin through a Gibson lp classic. I want something with tubes and probably a combo. I'm willing to spend up to 500 used, or ebay. I've been lookin at the traynor ycv40 wr w/ the vintage 30 speaker. and the vox valvetronix. I'd like to break away from the les paul-marshall cliche although i love marshalls, there just to pricey to get a decent one. if anyone has any recommendations on good amps please post.

Re: Help me decide on a new amp.

if your lucky you could find a used jcm800 combo for $500......
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

o ya and i need to be able to gig with it

Comment

Originally posted by ledzepp29
        hey whats up, I've been looking around lately for a new amp. I have a Marshall avt20 and its alright but sometimes it seems a bit dull and smothered. The sound I am going after is kinda brian may meets the darkness ( i know, i know...) I usually only put about 5 1/2 on gain. and i'm playin through a Gibson lp classic. I want something with tubes and probably a combo. I'm willing to spend up to 500 used, or ebay. I've been lookin at the traynor ycv40 wr w/ the vintage 30 speaker. and the vox valvetronix. I'd like to break away from the les paul-marshall cliche although i love marshalls, there just to pricey to get a decent one. if anyone has any recommendations on good amps please post.
        check out some of those cheap randalls. i know theyre for metal but they also have a classic channel.
        we can be heroes

Comment

It's pretty hard to find your amp with your specs given only a mere $500, especially the tube preferance... I'd check out some Fenders. Great cleans and pretty smooth gain.

Damn...a 14 year old with a LP Classic.

Comment

I'm leaning towards the traynor ycv40 wr or maybe a vox but i heard they werent that great when turned up loud. ya I'm probably the youngest kid you've seen with a les paul but i've been playing for 3 years and the guy cut me a good deal on it. about a grand! and its upgraded so it looks like an actual historic.

Comment

Originally posted by ledzepp29
              I'm leaning towards the traynor ycv40 wr or maybe a vox but i heard they werent that great when turned up loud. ya I'm probably the youngest kid you've seen with a les paul but i've been playing for 3 years and the guy cut me a good deal on it. about a grand! and its upgraded so it looks like an actual historic.
              Hear Hear!!!

This Owl just recently bought a Traynor YCV-40 and I tell ya, it really brings my SG to life, very sparkling upper harmonics and a killer overdrive like a Marshall, all tube too! At around $500, it's a great deal!
              Hoo Hooooo Hooo Hoooooooo

http://talktobears.hearnow.com

Sent from an old crank telephone in rural GA

Comment

theres a YCV - 80 here for $425...... hmmm....
                http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
                >cord<
                1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

flank, are you selling it? I'd love to buy it but i dont have any money

Comment

Working...
                  X