Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pot breaking up

hey im havin trouble wiht my volume pot on my strat
    i rewired it the other day with a jb bridge/hotrails neck 1 volume pot no tone pots and a 3way toggle switch

and now sometimes the guitar breaks up when the knob is in a certain position
    and the pot it self seems loose (not the thing that attaches it to the pickguard...the actual rotating knob thing is like loose in its casing

weird
    is there anywya to fix this
    or do i need a new pot??
    Guitars : 1977 Gibson SG
    Strat Clone with JB/hotrails combo and warmoth electronics/pickguard

Amps: Randall RH200SC into a Stereo Behringer 4x12
    and a Marshall Avt20

Re: Pot breaking up

The pot either got overheated or it loosened up somehow and you are losing connection between the wiper and the carbon pile within the pot...

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

pots arent that expensive if you get em at the right place, go ahead and buy a new one and save yourself the hassle of trying to fix it when you can spend like, four bucks and get a new one.
      :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
      Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Comment

o and can that cause buzzign too?? cause the guitar has been buzzin and ive checked the ground like 3 times and it seems grounded..?? or is it a completely diff problem
        Guitars : 1977 Gibson SG
        Strat Clone with JB/hotrails combo and warmoth electronics/pickguard

Amps: Randall RH200SC into a Stereo Behringer 4x12
        and a Marshall Avt20

Comment

Originally posted by Pissant
          o and can that cause buzzign too?? cause the guitar has been buzzin and ive checked the ground like 3 times and it seems grounded..?? or is it a completely diff problem
          overheated problems cause waht you stated before, and ground/hum problems, the pots messed up, replace it, less than $5. good luck

Comment

If you can find one, I'd recommend a CTS Brand Pot.................
            Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
            X