Home made Fuzz pedal done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made Fuzz pedal done!

hey friends, just got finished with my first pedal building project... its a fuzz pedal, im pretty proud that i got this thing working, considering ive had no electrical experiences or training......i should have some clips up sometime soon

anybody else build any of their own pedals?
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

It is what I do for a living so....hehe I guess I do
    Sounds like you had some good fun, what fuzz did you based it on??
    I look forward to clips

Comment

Re: Home made Fuzz pedal done!

Originally posted by flank
      hey friends, just got finished with my first pedal building project... its a fuzz pedal, im pretty proud that i got this thing working, considering ive had no electrical experiences or training......i should have some clips up sometime soon

anybody else build any of their own pedals?
      I've built some A/B boxes and my own Talk Box....I was going to make my own Octavia pedal but never got around to it.
      Is your fuzz a copy of an original unit,or is it a completely new fuzz circuit? Either way you should feel great about doing it yourself and having it work...Doesn't get any better than that buddy!

John S.
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Re: Re: Home made Fuzz pedal done!

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
        I've built some A/B boxes and my own Talk Box....I was going to make my own Octavia pedal but never got around to it.
        Is your fuzz a copy of an original unit,or is it a completely new fuzz circuit? Either way you should feel great about doing it yourself and having it work...Doesn't get any better than that buddy!

John S.
        And here's a link with some pictures of that Talk Box I made...We A/Bd mine to the Heil and they were both almost identical in the way they worked and sounded..I still have the Talk Box but I never use it...

Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

its the fuzz face circuit, pretty simple actually
          http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
          >cord<
          1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

I tried making a pedal.

I was drilling holes for the pots, holding one of those aluminum, MXR boxes in one hand and drilling with the other. The drill bit grabbed the box, spun it around, and sliced me pretty good on my finger. :6:

I kind of have a mental block about working on those little things now, so I leave it to those who are good at it.

So, I say, way to go!

Some of the early fuzz circuits, like the FuzzFace, are really simple circuits that just require well matched components to sound great.

If I tried one again, it would be my favorite fuzz circuit - the Vox Tonebender.
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

I got mouser orders saved and ready for purchase just as soon as i can justify the cost against gas and cellphone and other such expenses... AND have the time. Man, building pedals is loads of fun!

Comment

If I tried one again, it would be my favorite fuzz circuit - the Vox Tonebender. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ouch Curly,I just got a visual on your work.. Thou shalt not hold things in hands when there are other means to do things without causing pain and bleeding to one's self! I'd rather find the pedal that is pretty close to being perfect for my tastes and tweak it a bit if it needs it...I actually do own some pedals that I've not touched..One of them is the Marshall Jack Hammer...I Like this pedal as is and it does do a pretty good Marshall thing....The distortion side of this pedal does a pretty cool high gain rectifier tone and is darker..I Like this pedal alot..

John

Comment

I can't wait for the day when I understand enough of what's going on with all those little parts that I can design and build my own effects pedals from the ground up.

maybe that's my secret motivation for going back to school

Comment

Working...
                  X