banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trademark 120: How does the reverb sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trademark 120: How does the reverb sound?

My buddy is looking at getting a Tech21 Trademark 120 used for $425. It's an ebay deal so he won't have the chance to try it out before hand. He's already sold on the Tech21 sounds because of his TriAC pedal, but was wondering how the spring reverb sounded on the 120 amp?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Trademark 120: How does the reverb sound?

i think it sounds pretty good...i haven't gave it a side by side comparison to a fender or anything...but i know he will be pleased with the whole package...and $425 is a great price!!!!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

You'll have to check with Hoss on the TM120, but I'm sure it's not much different than my TM60 & the TM10s I've tried.

If you or he is looking for that clean classic Fender tone, this reverb ROCKS !!!
      The cleans are what shines in the TECH21 line. The dirty channels are very good, but it's the cleans that are STELLAR. Throw an O/D pedal on it & you'd think it was a Fender Twin.

And I've said it before & I'll say it again: If the Trademark 60 is good enough for Les Paul himself, it's good enough for me!!!

GEDDY LEE SIGNATURE SANSAMPS LEARN MORE > dUg PINNICK SIGNATURE PEDAL MODEL DP-3X LEARN MORE > RICHIE KOTZEN SIGNATURE FLY RIG MODEL RK5 LEARN MORE > LOOK FOR THIS SYMBOL Purchases from sellers who are not Authorized Tech 21 dealers are at your own risk. Warranty coverage applies only to purchases made through Tech 21 […]

HAHAHAHAHA....Hoss beat me to it!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
      Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
      FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
      http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
        i think it sounds pretty good...i haven't gave it a side by side comparison to a fender or anything...but i know he will be pleased with the whole package...and $425 is a great price!!!!
        Thank you sir, I was hoping that you would chime in.
        '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

yeah...like puck said...and has always said...they're pretty amazing amps and very underrated imho...

i played alot of amps before i bought mine...

i love the three channels...i keep em on a clean fender setting...a high gain marshall setting...and a chugging mesa setting...run an efx pedal in front of it and i LOVE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PUCKBOY99
            You'll have to check with Hoss on the TM120, but I'm sure it's not much different than my TM60 & the TM10s I've tried.

If you or he is looking for that clean classic Fender tone, this reverb ROCKS !!!
            The cleans are what shines in the TECH21 line. The dirty channels are very good, but it's the cleans that are STELLAR. Throw an O/D pedal on it & you'd think it was a Fender Twin.

And I've said it before & I'll say it again: If the Trademark 60 is good enough for Les Paul himself, it's good enough for me!!!

GEDDY LEE SIGNATURE SANSAMPS LEARN MORE > dUg PINNICK SIGNATURE PEDAL MODEL DP-3X LEARN MORE > RICHIE KOTZEN SIGNATURE FLY RIG MODEL RK5 LEARN MORE > LOOK FOR THIS SYMBOL Purchases from sellers who are not Authorized Tech 21 dealers are at your own risk. Warranty coverage applies only to purchases made through Tech 21 […]

HAHAHAHAHA....Hoss beat me to it!!!
            Thank you as well, I just talked to my friend on the phone and he is gassing heavy now. The more that I look at the specs on the 120 the more that I am starting to gas about it as well. Hmmmm.......think my wife would get me another anniversary present after already getting me my Tele? LOL!

Comment

Now how on Earth can you get a new guitar and not a new amp to go with it...?

tell her it has a special "tele" setting and that a tele without a 120 is like peanut butter without jelly...LOL!!!

seriously though...go for it!!!

Comment

I played around with the TriAC through my JCM 600 a couple of weeks ago and LOVED the Blond Bassman setting listed in the manual. Got to love that analog! Will the quest for tone ever end.........????? Serenity NOW!

Comment

Now how on Earth can you get a new guitar and not a new amp to go with it...?

tell her it has a special "tele" setting and that a tele without a 120 is like peanut butter without jelly...LOL!!!

seriously though...go for it!!!

I do believe that she would hang me from the nearest tree if I tried to sweet talk her into anything more. J/K, she's an awsome lady. Thanks again for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
                    Thank you as well, I just talked to my friend on the phone and he is gassing heavy now. The more that I look at the specs on the 120 the more that I am starting to gas about it as well. Hmmmm.......think my wife would get me another anniversary present after already getting me my Tele? LOL!

Now, I don't wanna interupt your obvious domestic bliss, but my Tele into my TM60 on the Fender setting is really a thing of beauty!

I know guys around here are probably sick of hearing me go on about these amps, but I really think they are VERY under-rated, especially for the price!

The TM10 is a wonderful little amp, but no footswitch. If you or you friend has that Tri-AC, you could set the TM10 on the Fender clean & then program the Tri-AC for 3 more channels.

The TM60 moves up to 60 watts w/2 footswitchable channels...add a Power Engine, which is an identical 60watt powered 1x12 cabinet, & you've got a 60w 2x12 powerhouse. Throw that Tri-AC in the mix & things can take off!

The TM120 is 3-channels @ 120w...'nuff said!!! Throw the Tri-AC on it & you've got 6 channels to choose from!!!

Just one note of caution: to get the most out of any pedals, make sure you use the cleanest channel you can find & let the pedals do the work. With the TM60 & 120, hit the boost button on the footswitch & you'll kick it up quite a bit. The boost function, for solos, increases the volume level up to 9dB without altering your tone.

Good luck...like Hoss said Peanut butter just ain't the same without jelly!!!!!
                    Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 06-24-2004, 02:01 PM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
                    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
                    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
                    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Jumpin' on the bandwagon and answering the first question, I think the reverb on the TradeMark 10 is amazingly good. So much better than the reverb on the Blues Jr. it isn't even funny.

Just didn't want Terry & Hoss to be lonely as Tech 21 fans

Chip
                      Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                      Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                      SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                      SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                      "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

The T120 loves single coils. I had a blast with that Van Halen preset, pretty articulate, decently high gain tone.

The cleans are better than most amps around, although I'd easily take a Fender Twin or Deluxe Reverb over it. The reverb is good, just not as lush as the one on my Vibrolux Reverb.

However, all around it's a great amp... especially for the money. It gets two thumbs up from me
                        Originally posted by kevlar3000
                        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                        Originally posted by Zerberus
                        Better is often the enemy of good
                        Originally posted by ginormous
                        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Got my TM 10 yesterday! Wonderful! I stop using my Boss Blues Driver and my Proco Rat 2 last night, the overdrive and distortion is one of the best i heard!

Oh, by the way, the Spring reverb is great, the settings say you should have it at 12 'o clock to play SRV, AC/DC and Metallica, i put it at 10-11 o' clock and did get a better sound!
                          100% Bass player

Comment

hmmm...i've been wondering what small amp to get my uhhhhmmm hmmm "daughter" to play her strat through...

right now it's a toss up between the roland cube 30 and the trademark 10...

i can get both for about the same price on e-bay...?

Comment

hmmm...i've been wondering what small amp to get my uhhhhmmm hmmm "daughter" to play her strat through...

right now it's a toss up between the roland cube 30 and the trademark 10...

i can get both for about the same price on e-bay...?
                              Good one! I tried both the Roland and the TM10, and as you know, i got the TM10, The best little amp i tried in my life! The roland isn't that bad but if you want the best, buy the Tech 21! Belive me!

Best Overdrive and Distortion i have ever heard coming from a 10w amp! You can get very smooth overdrive, then drasticly turn the drive knob to full and get a crunchy distortion tone that rips everything! ( )

Amps you can get are Tweed (Fender), British (Marshall) and Calif (Mesa, i think?). After that you choose Clean, Hi Gain or Hot, than at last you choose elements, Flat, UK or US. Then it's the Bass, mid and high knobs, which is great, it's like the knobs of a good wah-wah pedal, a little touch and you squeeze out every little thing!

The spring reverb is great! It's like a really good old tube fender!
                              100% Bass player

Comment

Working...
                              X