Opinions on peavey clas., vox valvetron., traynor 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on peavey clas., vox valvetron., traynor 40

I've been lookin at amps and have been interested in the peavey classic 50, the vox valvetronix 60 watt, and the traynor ycv40 wr. if any one has any experience with any of these please tell me about them. thanks

Re: Opinions on peavey clas., vox valvetron., traynor 40

For me the Valvetronix AD-60 1x12 works well. I only play at home so I need to play at low volume. I'm not saying it's perfect, though. Because sometimes the distortion does sound very harsh and the cleans can be thin and lack warmth.

The thing about the Valvetronix is that you need quite a bit of knowledge about different amps and how to set them for it sound good with the guitar you are playing . Each amp model has the possibility of sounding great and also the possibility of sounding lousy depending on how it's set and what guitar you are playing. Vox really went to the extreme of trying to make every nuance of the amp model exactly like the original.

How much you like the Valvetronix will also depend on what guitar you run through it. It's seems the left side of the amp dial is better for single coils and the right side of the dial is better for humbuckers.

Sometimes I love my Valvetronix and sometimes I think it sounds like solid state crap. On the settings I like (mostly the higain and UK 90's), it's great because their is a connection with the amp. On the setting I don't like (UK70s, UK80's), it sucks. I also haven't really been able to get great tones out of the AC-30 model. That may just be because I don't know how.

I think after a few more months I'll stop trying to get every amp model dialed and just use the ones I like. Cause it can be frustrating trying to dial in a good sound on some of the models. And most of the patch suggestions I've got from the internet don't sound good because whoever came up with it doesn't have the same guitar as me.

If you need alot of variety, like a cover band or something, low volume and have some knowledge of the orginal amps, consider the Valvetronix. If I had my choice I'd rather play a tube amp. I would also consider a Rivera R30-112
    GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
    KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

Re: Opinions on peavey clas., vox valvetron., traynor 40

I have traynor 40 watt and I like it. Great for single coil guitars. I used to play through clean channel but nowday I play through the dirty channel with little gain.
      "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

Working...
      X