new pups for a used tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new pups for a used tele

my friend needs a new guitar, he was contemplating fender & gibson, and me myself hating gibson, found a used telecaster with a humbucker in the neck position (looks like a dimarzio) for, well, cheaper than the gibson. The only thing is, he wants a pearly gate in the neck, that'll be easy, all the routing is already done, but he wants a new bridge pickup too, something "good with lots of distortion and punchy, that doesn't hum". The only thing that comes to mind for this, without more routing, is the hot rail, but I'm not sure if it'll sound too heavy metalish, any suggestions/thoughts?
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: new pups for a used tele

Little 59 is a more general purpose 'bucker for the bridge of a Tele. If you want a bit more traditional sound than the Li'l 59 but with no hum and lots of punch, the Hot Stack might interest you.

BTW, this should be posted in the pickup lounge.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

my bad

Comment

no problem, its just that you would get more responses in the proper forum, bro.

Comment

The Lil59 is a rockin' pup. It has the raunch and punch, but still retains a single coil sized sound which works well in a Tele snap way. I have a Charlie Christian neck which is a huge fat P90ish/Strat tone which mixes well with the Lil59, should sound good with a neck HB with some tweaking.
          Tele 59 and CCR

Gibson KS 336, LP Standard, Special and Customs
          Bogner, Orange, Tech 21 and Fender amps
          Celestion speakers
          Duncan, Bare Knuckle, WCR and Gibson pups
          Too many pedals....

Comment

I have a hotrails in my strat copy and it is pretty good for metal. I would suggest you try out a JB jr. and also the lil 59 if you want a little more versatility.
            MIM Fender Strat-stock
            Kramer Focus-cool rails/vintage rails/hot rails
            Dean V X- 85/81
            Crybaby From Hell
            Ibanez DE7
            ADA MP-1
            Furman EQ
            Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

i have a 59 reverse polarity humbucker in my tele now, i like it, but i think he wanted something a little more punchy, i dunno if the little 59 is reverse polarity too, but if it is you get a really weird sounding mid position, doesn't bother me, but im not sure if he'd care or not. The hot stack kinda caught my interest tho, how does it sound compared to the 59?

Comment

Hot Stakc is more like a hot tele lead with no noise.

Comment

Working...
                X