Where do you buy your JJ's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you buy your JJ's?

I'm thinking it's about time to get a handle on these glass bottles, preamp and power. A link will do great. Thanks.

Re: Where do you buy your JJ's?

I got mine through my local (not really... it's a 45 minute drive on a bad day, 15 on a good, god I hate traffic) guitar technician.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

WWW.EUROTUBES.COM

Bob is the best person in the world to buy tubes from, and he only has JJ's. It is his business, so he knows these tubes COMPLETELY!!!!! I am ardering some from him right now. He takes the matched duo's and quad's that are sent to him and rematches them perfectly himself. NO MORE LUCK OF THE DRAW FROM THE STORE SHELVES. You can call him up and tell him what ratings he sent last time, and he will send the exact rating back to you. I cannot say enough about his way of doing business. I will not buy tubes from ANYONE else.

Comment

Originally posted by OUTLAW1969
        WWW.EUROTUBES.COM

Bob is the best person in the world to buy tubes from, and he only has JJ's. It is his business, so he knows these tubes COMPLETELY!!!!! I am ardering some from him right now. He takes the matched duo's and quad's that are sent to him and rematches them perfectly himself. NO MORE LUCK OF THE DRAW FROM THE STORE SHELVES. You can call him up and tell him what ratings he sent last time, and he will send the exact rating back to you. I cannot say enough about his way of doing business. I will not buy tubes from ANYONE else.

Very cool! Thanks a ton Outlaw! Wish you luck w/ your new glass!

Comment

www.revolutionguitar.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
            Ditto. Best place ever to buy tubes from.
            Originally posted by kevlar3000
            I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
            Originally posted by Zerberus
            Better is often the enemy of good
            Originally posted by ginormous
            Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

www.dougstubes.com
              www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

So are you guys firm believers/users in JJ's for Hard Rock/Metal/Hi-gain guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
                  So are you guys firm believers/users in JJ's for Hard Rock/Metal/Hi-gain guitar?
                  I use them in my Poweramp as phase invertors (ECC83S) and Power Tubes (6L6GCs).. I play all covers (Mix of rock, hardrock, classic rock, etc..) and do the heavy metal stuff on the side.

Duke
                  www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
                    They work well to smoothen out harsh tone. I was debating between JJs and those Shuguang Chinese pres for my Triamp and I finally decided on JJs. They kill the gain a bit so that was disappointing for me, but things are much smoother with them in, so I use a different preamp tube in the V1 position to up the gain.
                    Originally posted by kevlar3000
                    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                    Originally posted by Zerberus
                    Better is often the enemy of good
                    Originally posted by ginormous
                    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

www.revolutionguitar.com, great prices and great service.
                      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I have never dealt with Revolution Guitar, can someone tell me whether they match AND grade their tubes?

If not, I would rather spend the extra $10 and have them graded for their intended use and performance.

If they simply take a pile of tubes and find some that match the first one , you wind up with 2 or 4 tubes that work well together for sure, but what are they gonna sound like? Are they going to "mush" out at high volume, be way too clean to ever break up,etc ?

I looked on the Revolution site and did not see anything about if they graded them or how they went about the grading process.

Somebody enlighten me..........
                        OUTLAW1969
                        Ultimate Tone Member
                        Last edited by OUTLAW1969; 06-26-2004, 12:49 AM.

Comment

I went with Bob at Eurotubes. He had experience with my amp and made recommendations based on that. Also, he marked a special one for the phase inverter spot.

The JJ's warmed up and smoothed out the tone, eliminating some of the harshness.
                          Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Don't overlook the GT Mullard Re-issues. They are supposed to kick some tail. However, if I was ordering JJ's, I'd order from Bob. I generally order my tubes from www.kcanostubes.com , and Mike stopped carring JJ's because of a 25% reject rate....interesting.

I have a matched JJ in my phase inverster slot and have been very happy with it though.....
                            My Sound Clips

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSteve
                              I went with Bob at Eurotubes. He had experience with my amp and made recommendations based on that. Also, he marked a special one for the phase inverter spot.

The JJ's warmed up and smoothed out the tone, eliminating some of the harshness.
                              What tubes did he recommend for your phase inverter spot? or what "special" with it?

Duke
                              www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Working...
                              X