Acrylic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrylic?

its plastic right? i really dont know much about this as a guitar building material, so can someone give me the lowdown?
    :firing: :soapbox: :rocket: :omg:
    Its the way things are, kill the ones w/ the ideas.

Re: Acrylic?

bump

Comment

Its real heavy, more for looks than sound.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have no idea of its tonal characteristics but i presum it would be fairly bright due to its density. I do know that Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters plays an acrylic and that BC Rich makes or made an acrylic mockingbird and Dillon made a PRS style acrylic.
        Hope that helps but probably not,
        Brian
        Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

yeah, the bc rich home page described its sound as "electric", of course, thats probably sales hype...

Comment

I find that acrlyic muffles the guitar's natural tone, but iono, maybe it's just me.

Comment

isnt acrylic plexi glass.
              Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
              The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Working...
              X