X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearjoneser
    replied
    Re: Behringer Mixers

I'm not sure of the model, but it's an 8 channel rackmount mixer with big side mounting brackets. I just use it to mix vocals in a rehearsal room. Never had one problem with it.

Leave a comment:

• Biu
    replied

Gearjoneser, which Behringer do you use?

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

I agree with Artie. Behringer makes a living by copying Mackie's designs and having the stuff mass produced in China. Some of it's good, some not so good. It's better to keep the components isolated and not buy 'do it all' systems. He's right. Buy a Behringer non-powered mixer and then find a good, cheap power amp like a Crown, Crest, or even Peavey. I have a Behringer mixer for my PA system. Never had a problem, but I've blown up my sh!tty Carvin DCM 1000 power amp 2 times! I'm done with Carvin, but Behringer has proven themselves to make a decent product at a dirt cheap price.

Leave a comment:

• Ken
    replied

Firstly, I've been spoiled. The gigs I've gone out on have used Crest, Allan and Heath, and Midas boards. A Behringer would have serious penis envy next to any of those...

Ehhh...they're good based on price...but a good board is worth it's weight. Behringer are notorious for ripping off competitor's designs and using cheap (and unreliable) components. I'd at least get a Mackie (and even those can be hit or miss...).

Leave a comment:

• Fatty
    replied

Their stuff seems to be hit or miss.. either it will work like a champ or break down immediately. (At least in my experiences)

Leave a comment:

• Hellion
    replied

I've never used their mixers (I like Mackie for live work), but I do own a couple of their compressors, a crossover and an eq. They all work fine for live, and they're a bit more rugged than some of the other compressors and crossovers that I've used. I don't think I'd use any of them in the studio, though. They're just not clean enough.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied

Hey Biu; I'm far from being an "expert" in pro-audio, but I do have several years experinece in that field. If it was me, I'ld keep "mixing" and "amplification" jobs separate. If mounted properly in a good rack-mount system, they effectively become one unit for carrying purposes, but you still have the versatility of changing/upgrading amps. (and mixers)

And, more importantly, if an amp goes south on you, you can pop it out and have it fixed most anywhere, whereas some shops will be scared off by a big mixer/amp combo.

Use whatever mixer you get with a new or used Crown amp, and you'll have a reliable bullet-proof system.

Just my 2-cents worth.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Calx
    replied

Ooh, you know what, you're in luck, because that particular model has INSERTS (I just checked). Now, inserts are generally used almost like an effects loop on your amp, but you could just as easily tap off of them for recording output...

Leave a comment:

• Blue Calx
    replied

and if it's powered, AND it's a lower end board, there might be a chance that there's no individual outputs for each channel (line-level) on the back... There may be a monitor output on the thing, and you could route that to a recorder, but it'd only be the sum of everything mixed together and possibly in stereo - you wouldn't have individual control in your recorder. whatever you do, DO NOT plug any powered output into your recorder!

Leave a comment:

• Blue Calx
    replied

In my experience, I've found Behringer to make crap crap products... then again, my old job invested in mostly high end gear, so I'm spoiled! If it's in your price range, mr Biu, I'd say go for it - 600 watts should do you just nicely (250 worked for a tiny bar once for me).

Leave a comment:

• Biu
    replied

I think the one I'm looking at is powered, would it still be good for recording? I don't know squat about using mixers in a recording environment, so excuse my ignorance

Leave a comment:

• mrid
    replied

I have nothing nice to say about Behringer...(tears up)

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied

I used a Behringer mixer (non-powered) when I played with my group of guys in Denver. They are solid unit for the money. I would not hesitate to buy another one of their products. I also always heard nothing but good things about their products.

Leave a comment:

• Biu
    started a topic Behringer Mixers

Behringer Mixers

I'm looking at a Behringer PMX1000 600watt 12 channel Mixer with DSP. I recall some of you guys saying something about Behringer making good mixers. Is this true, and would 600watts be enough for small gigs?
Working...
X