banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else here a big fan of Kustom amps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else here a big fan of Kustom amps?

I am... I've found them to be reliable, sound good, great bang for the buck and look cool. Anyone else here got any kustom amps they love?
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Re: Anyone else here a big fan of Kustom amps?

I liked the Kustom WAVE amp. Very hip mild OD sounds from a hybrid amp.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I've only heard one model, don't know it by memory unfortunately. But...I didn't like its tone one bit, it was flabby, loose and unfocused for the most part.

Although, I have heard good things about those WAVE models...

Comment

I had a Kustom as my first amp. It was without doubt the worst thing I ever plugged my guitar into. Except possibly the arion distortion I had at the same time
        2002 PRS Singlecut, Duncan Custom / '59
        2002 Gibson LP Sandard, Duncan Custom / Burstbucker Pro
        Washburn BT2 "experimental guitar", ever changing pups
        Laney TT-20 + cab
        Marshall DSL50
        Enough effects to sink a battleship

I build custom fuzz and switch/loop boxes! PM me with your dream and I'll see what I can do!

"I, my friend, am danger on legs. DO NOT mess with me".

Comment

ok.... so, most of the Tuck'n'Roll junk was junk, I'll give ya'll that. But my 78' Kustom III bass head is one of the best sounding, best built bass amps around. It's no Ampeg B-4 or B-15, but it blows a lot of other stuff out of the water. It also makes for a nice guitar amplifier. My friend's got the Quad 65 DFX, it's a pretty decent sounding, looking and loud amp. I love it. I don't know what the internals are like, but, they gotta be pretty nice.
          You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

i have Kustom 80W combo amp, it's called a mosfet lead amp....well it had a decent clean channel, and was great w/ my Boss MT-2...but the on board OD....well it sucked. i bought the thing used and only one channel worked, but really i hated that amp sooooooo much. my Peavey XXL head was a MAJOR improvement, it put that amp and the boss pedal to shame. maybe i just had a bad experience, but as of know i am not a fan of the Kustom amps

Comment

Working...
            X