Closest amp to AC-30 sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Closest amp to AC-30 sound?

I'd say the TopHat Club Royale, since it's a Class A amp, has very similar voicing to it. Absolutely phenomenal tone!
    I'll second that.

Comment

Although it's a bit off to the side, some Marshalls with the Yellow Jacket converters get very close (class A EL84s see) weell, my 76 Mastervolume 50 does it well and it was cheap in the UK.

Comment

You know I wasn't thinking! The Crate VC5212 50 watt Vintage Club 2x12 combo can be tweaked a bit to get you in the ballpark. A set of the new Eminence Brit style speakers like the Red Fangs and a good set of tubes you'd be doing pretty well. They break up a lot easier than the Vox's especially with the stock speakers but I think if you put a bit of effort into getting a good speaker match and looking for a set of tubes with good headroom you'd be pretty close for a budget AC30.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I'd steer clear of anything valvetronix, if I were you. I was trying one of them out with a 3hb Ibanez LP from the 70's and a 3hb Epiphone LP and every tone on it had a digital tone under it. I was really annoying. If I were you, I'd just save up and get that AC-30, or find another, cheaper amp that you like the tone of.
          You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Working...
          X