banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is a '69 Plexi Super Lead worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is a '69 Plexi Super Lead worth?

I found a 1969 (i think that was the year) Marshall Plexi Super Lead 100 head. What is a reasonable price to pay for this bad boy? Anything to look out for?

Gracias....
    MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Re: How much is a '69 Plexi Super Lead worth?

I've seen those at Guitar Center going for around $4,000.

Comment

Depending on their condition, they fetch between $1500 and $3000. Mods or holes left by past mods kills the price by hundreds.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I doubt I can tell if it has been mod'ed. What do I look for Gearjoneser??

I'll get more details tomorrow. Thanks.
        MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

If the front and back panels look clean, the amp doesn't look abused, and there's no visible holes from mods, then see how low you can get it for.

If he knows you're serious about buying it, he shouldn't have a problem with you pulling the chassis out to inspect the circuit. Just look at all the solder points and pots and trannies to make sure they look old and original. Even better, if you can find a chassis picture on the net somewhere, to compare.

Keep in mind, most people sell early Marshalls for one reason. They're so loud, they can make you sterile!

If his price is less than $1200, and it's a clean, I'd jump on it. If he knows it's worth much more, I'd pass.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
          X