Will the KH602(ESP LTD Sig Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the KH602(ESP LTD Sig Series)

($900 model) be good for Zeppelin/Rhodes/Iommi(Sabbath)/ALOT of Metallica/and Van Halen?

Tell me about each one if the KH602 will be good. One by one please.
    I'm thinking about buying it. I need a guitar that has 24 frets, locking tuners, tremolo, and something that will suit all 5 of those bands. Plus something 1000USD AND UNDER. Not something from the internet (Ebay/Musician Friend) and something that I coud get where I live in Europe so no Guitar Center. Hammet/Hetfield are my main favorite guitar players. Then come Rhoads/Iommi/Van Halen/ and Page. BTW I play ALOT of Metallica and also those other 4 bands. So tell me if it is good for each and every band and if not tell me why.

And also: will the BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone be good for all of those bands? I'm guessing the only one that wont suit the BOSS MT2 will be Led Zeppelin.

Re: Will the KH602(ESP LTD Sig Series)

Bump..........

Comment

Duh.. that's a very strange question. That's why you didnt received much replies. No guitar will cover all those styles perfectly, certainly not with EMG and... certainly not with a MT-2 !!

Buy a guitar that you'll like, and then you'll be happy.
      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

It will do it all but you will not sound like those bands ever! You will always sound like yourself no matter what guitar you get. 602=Metallica>Led Zep Make sense?
        57 VOS Les Paul Goldtop
        62 Thin Skin Stratocaster
        Mesa Boogie Lone Star 212
        Baby Taylor
        sigpic

Comment

The fact that you're going for a 24 fret guitar will wreck your chances of getting particularly accurate Rhoads, (early)Iommi or Page neck pickup tones. Getting Jimmy Page's sound from a KH will be very difficult in general, as most of JP's classic tones were recorded on a fender Telecaster, which is about as different from an ESP shred stick as you can get.

An ESP Kirk Hammet would be one of my last choices for going after any of Van Halen's tones, too.

Still, you should be able to get by, and you'll have the Metallica end of things covered. It all depends on which influences you wish to sound the most like. If that's Metallica, then choose the KH.
          Originally posted by Jolly
          ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Ya for the last couple of months I've ben playing in this order:
            1. Alot of Metallica
            2. Randy Rhodes stuff
            3. Black Sabbath
            4. Van Halen
            5. Led Zeppelin
            6. Megadeth

So my 3 questions are:
            1. Will the KH602 be good for most of those bands?
            2. Whats the difference between the KH602 and the KH2? I know that the body material in the 602 is Maple and the body material in the KH2 is Alder, so mainly anything else? Hows the sound difference?
            3. Will the BOSS MT2 be good for
            1.Metallica
            2.Rhodes
            3.Sabbath
            4.Van Halen
            5.Megadeth
            ?
            Please tell for each band if the BOSS MT2 is good for it.

Comment

As we already told you, you can play anything with any guitar, but dont expect to sound exactly like the original.

1. Metallica, definitely. Megadeth, yes (just "yes"). Rhoads, not that good. Sabbath, I dont think. Halen, maybe. LedZep, not at all.

2. The LTD KH602 is the cheap korean version of the ESP KH2. Maple will be brighter. Overall construction is inferior. But its a nice axe anyway I think.

3. The MT-2 can cover alot of grounds, but not necessarily the best for all. Kind of jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none. Buy yourself a good high-gain tube amp.
              Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Working...
              X