banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

converting right handed les paul to lefty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting right handed les paul to lefty?

i know that it is "relatively" easy to flip a righty strat to play lefty ala jimi

BUT ......what is the procedure on doing this to a les paul? i have not enough technical experience with les pauls to understand how they go together, so i dont know what it would involve to make a righty les paul into a lefty?

i assume there has to be much more to it compared to a fender because i have not seen this done but a few times, one of them being jimi playing a les paul that way....

anybody have any insight, i know nobody has probably ever done anythign like this on here, but could you possible think of a way it could be done or just give me some direction???

thanks to anybody that helps.....
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Re: converting right handed les paul to lefty?

sell it and buy a lefty
    The early bird catches the worm and the twelve-year-old prostitute attracts the ambassador.

Comment

i think my question came about because i couldnt find a lefty in the first place........eh....
      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
      >cord<
      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Well for one, you wouldn't have a cutaway on the correct side anymore, and you can't really change the direction in which the bridge is angled...

Comment

More to the point the bridge will be out I don't think you will be able to get the intonation right as if you look at a Les P the bridge is not at right angles to the strings but the lower side is closer to the Bridge p/up for this reason. Yup look for a lefty! It'll be a lot less trouble.
          This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
          Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
          Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
          Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

Working...
          X