Help! SD Pickup Booster not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! SD Pickup Booster not working!

Can anyone (SD folks?) help me? I have a SD Pickup Booster, fresh out of the box, and I've tried to use it thusly:

Gain knob dialled hard counter-clockwise to 6db.

Resonance switch set to "0".

9v AC adapter in, power LED fully lit.

I'm running my guitar into a Lehle Dual switcher and then straight to two amps. I bought the Booster in the hopes of goosing one of those amps, so my initial set-up was guitar -> switcher -> SD Pickup Booster -> front end of amp "A". This gave me an excellent pass-through signal, but as soon as I switched the Booster on, I got loud line noise, almost to the point of feedback, and no signal. Amp "A" has a reputation for being unfriendly to some front-end devices, so I tried the Booster, with the same settings/set-up, in front of amp "B", as well, to exactly the same effect (or, rather, lack thereof). Has anyone encountered anything similar? Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or if I have a bad Pickup Booster?
    F#@{ Clapton- Wenger is God!

Re: Help! SD Pickup Booster not working!

well, I haven't used mine in a while ...
    just check the usual things ... physical connections, jacks, cords, etc ..
    if the pedal is really ok, then it's usually something simple

also, maybe dial up the db's a little, just to make sure it's not zeroing out ... I think mine's usually around 8-9 db
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
      well, I haven't used mine in a while ...
      just check the usual things ... physical connections, jacks, cords, etc ..
      if the pedal is really ok, then it's usually something simple
      That was my initial thinking, but I'm confused because I get a great signal when the pedal is in the chain and powered, but off. Clearly, the power source is working, the cables are good, the circuit is complete, etc.

Originally posted by Curly
      also, maybe dial up the db's a little, just to make sure it's not zeroing out ... I think mine's usually around 8-9 db
      I'll give that a try. Thanks!
      F#@{ Clapton- Wenger is God!

Comment

what exactly do those things do anyways?
        Originally posted by gibson175
        metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

what I would suggest is to check first that you are using the proper signal in/signal out jacks on the booster. It may sound silly but strainger things have happened.

Since you are getting signal to the amp in the bypass position, it may be that you received a malfuntioning unit. I'd have it checked/replaced by the folks that sold it to you.
          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

yeah,
            I'd check a couple things ... reverse the cords, and check the battery

again, simple stuff
            "music heals"
            facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
              what I would suggest is to check first that you are using the proper signal in/signal out jacks on the booster. It may sound silly but strainger things have happened.

Since you are getting signal to the amp in the bypass position, it may be that you received a malfuntioning unit. I'd have it checked/replaced by the folks that sold it to you.
              I used to think stuff like that couldn't happen, until I saw a competent friend of mine caught up in conversation plug a crybaby in backwards ...
              ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
              ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
              Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
              X