Ultra Ultra Ultra Score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Ultra Ultra Score!

k, you all know i REALLY wanted a vox, but couldn't afford it so was gonna get a fender tube. So i go over to my frien's house today, he's talking about selling his amps to pay off his marshall halfstack, i see a 200 watt ss 2x12 crate, ask what he wants for it, he says $50. $50!!!! So heres my plan, get it, drop in some vox speakers (unless you all want to reccomend different ones) and one of those vox pedalboard things, which is pretty much a vox head in pedalboard form, for cheaper.

you may praise me now
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Re: Ultra Ultra Ultra Score!

Do you know what model Crate it is? Whatever it is, I'm sure it's worth $50, if it works good. Don't even worry about the speakers, just buy a multiFX floorboard with all the gain and FX built in, and your rig will be complete for less than $300! Good score.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

no I'm not sure, i don't think they make it anymore, cuz i have yet to see a 200 watt combo crate in musicians friend. See, i was gonna get the vox tonelab SE for it, which is basically the vox head (with a few nice nice extras) in effects board form, even has tubes in it, so I'm thinking it'd sound better with more vox-like speakers, but i'd need them in 12" 100 watt. Anyone have any idea what speakers those are? or if i should even bother with replacing them?

Comment

I've heard various things.

One thing I'm pretty sure will work is those newer Celestions. They were made specifically for modeling amps and I'm sure they'd sound killer. They may be way out of your price range though.

Good idea for a setup
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I think they use Celestions in the Vox Valvetronix. That might be a good idea, since the ToneLab SE is basically a Valvetronix in a box.

Have you considered the Vox Valvetronix 60 watt head? Then you could use any cabinet but wouldn't have a foot controller. They are like $400. The Tonelab SE is $600. What's cool about it is that it comes with the foot pedals and buttons to stomp.

I'm assuming you want a Vox Valvetronix. You might do better with a head or see if you can find the AD-60 1x12 amp with the speaker for like $400. I do still see them for this price at some music stores.
          GMP Pawnshop Deluxe - Custom Custom Bridge, 59n

Parker Fly, Ruby Red, 1996 H/H/P

Parker Nitefly SSH

THD Univalve with Avatar Cab

Bad Cat Mini Cat

Vox Valvetronix AD-60 1x12

"Thanks for comin out and...
          KEEPIN THE SCENE ALIVE"

Comment

but do they go to 11?
            Guitars
            MIA Olypmic white Strat, Warmoth Neck(Brazilian Rosewood)-Fralin Vintage Hots
            MIA Strat '57 RI, Tobacco Sunburst
            Danny Gatton Trib Tele-Barden Rail/Tex Mex
            Agile Al-3000-'59/Seth
            MIJ "Blackie" Strat-Ant Texas Hots

Amps
            70's Fender Super Reverb Head, Blackfaced by Billy Penn
            Fender Deluxe Plus 112

Pedals
            Modded V-847, Sniper GE-7, Boss CH-1, Modded TS-9, Boss SD-1, Boss DS-1, Keeley Blues Driver, Carl Martin Rock Drive.

Comment

dude, this thing is 200 watts, it's gonna be louder than an actual valvetronix. I'll hafta look on ebay for celestions, anyone got any idea on actual models that would work best? once again i need 12" 100 watt ones

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
                dude, this thing is 200 watts, it's gonna be louder than an actual valvetronix. I'll hafta look on ebay for celestions, anyone got any idea on actual models that would work best? once again i need 12" 100 watt ones
                Eh, I dunno if it's going to be all that loud. It's 200 solid-state watts. 200 Crate solid-state watts.

As far as volume goes, it's been my experience that solid-state Vox amps are much louder than solid-state Crates at the same wattage.

I bet the Valvetronics is louder. I'd get a side-by-side comparison before buying the Tonelab and new speakers.
                "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so." ~ Ford Prefect

Comment

i can afford a vox head, or a cab, but not both, i'd hafta wait like 6 months before i'd have enough for the half stack. Bottom line, 200 ss crate watts are more than enough for me

Comment

Working...
                  X