banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bogner cab_V30's and GT75's.... need advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner cab_V30's and GT75's.... need advice...

on the tones of this setup. Im getting a custom Rivera cab made and am thinking of using this combo.
    Im just trying to cover more frequencys by doing this.Does it had more low end wallop.
    I know sum guys here have the Bogner equivilent..... any advice would be great!

Harley.

Re: Bogner cab_V30's and GT75's.... need advice...

Just a bump....
    any comments gratefully appreciated!
    Need to order this cab tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Justice4all
      Just a bump....
      any comments gratefully appreciated!
      Need to order this cab tomorrow!
      Hey Justice, I have two Bogner 2x12's currently loaded with one V30 and a Lead 80. It's a very complimentary tone from the two. The Lead 80 is similar to the GT75, but with more bottom and highs. I'm actually switching to all Lead 80's this week. They just sound BIGGER and don't have the overbearing (I think) midrange of the V30's.

I think you're making a good decision with the V30's and GT75's - they should complement each other very nicely. Good luck!
      (2) Randall RM4 preamps, VHT 2502 Power amp, 2 2x12 Bogner cabs w/V30's and Lead 80's, '74 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop, '89 Gibson Les Paul Cherryburst, '93 Stratocaster, and a bunch of other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkman
        Hey Justice, I have two Bogner 2x12's currently loaded with one V30 and a Lead 80. It's a very complimentary tone from the two. The Lead 80 is similar to the GT75, but with more bottom and highs. I'm actually switching to all Lead 80's this week. They just sound BIGGER and don't have the overbearing (I think) midrange of the V30's.

I think you're making a good decision with the V30's and GT75's - they should complement each other very nicely. Good luck!
        Cheers Hawkman, never thought about the Lead 80's........
        Placed the order last night at Rivera, hopefully all turns out well!
        Would the Lead 80 be a smoother sounding speaker than the GT1275?

Comment

My two Jubilee cabs are wired that way.....2 Vin 30's on top, 2 G-75's on bottom. It's a great sound! Also, if your 4-12 cab comes with all G-75's, it's easy to sell the top two, and replace them with Vin 30's, at little cost.
          I get the midrange bark on top and the lows and crunch of the G-75's on bottom. Hawkman turned me onto the idea of using Lead 80's. I need to find a couple of those. I might try a crisscross pattern of Lead 80's/Vin 30's on my Bogner 4-12.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Thanx GearJ, Paul at Rivera was really laid back and said i could have any speaker config i wanted, but aggreed that the 30's and 75's would be suited to the sound i am after..... let me know your success with the Lead 80's..
            That could be another option for me if this combo doesnt work for me.

Comment

I was thinking of doing this to my 4x12 cab, but the speakers I have are G12k-85's that are 16 ohms. I was gonna just buy another cab with V30's, but don't want to lose the tight bottom end and head room I have now with the G12k-85's.

Can I add the V30's to my current cab or do I need to get another with 8 ohm speakers and do the swap?

Comment

Working...
              X