Which modeler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which modeler?

I think I might go the modeling route for now... I think some sense worked its way into my head and convinced me I shouldn't go and buy stuff I won't be able to use for a while. I'd like a rackmountable unit, I think. POD Pro? PODXT Pro? V-amp PRO? I'm kinda leaning toward the XT.

Re: Which modeler?

The xt isnt rackmount. You probably want the pro. You should also try the vox tonelab.

Comment

Don't get the Pod XT. Most disappointing piece of equipment I've ever owned. Get the Vox Tonelab, it sounds far better and is easier to use.

Comment

My 2 cents...

I have tried various modeling amps, albiet briefly. IMHO if you want to have a tube sound you need tubes. The reason I tried all of them only briefly is that it ws very quickly apparent that they just didn't sound right to my ear. YMMV
        Here my tunes here

Comment

I've used tubes my entire life of guitar playing and made the switch to modelling about two years back and have been completely happy. Good luck in your search.

Comment

SansAmp PSA-1

GEDDY LEE SIGNATURE SANSAMPS LEARN MORE > dUg PINNICK SIGNATURE PEDAL MODEL DP-3X LEARN MORE > RICHIE KOTZEN SIGNATURE FLY RIG MODEL RK5 LEARN MORE > LOOK FOR THIS SYMBOL Purchases from sellers who are not Authorized Tech 21 dealers are at your own risk. Warranty coverage applies only to purchases made through Tech 21 […]

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
              Don't get the Pod XT. Most disappointing piece of equipment I've ever owned. Get the Vox Tonelab, it sounds far better and is easier to use.
              hate to agree but the guys right

im still for L6 amps though, just not my Flex II
              My clips

Originally posted by Rid
              How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
                hate to agree but the guys right

im still for L6 amps though, just not my Flex II
                I agree the Flex II sounds horrible. I had a Flex II and couldn't wait to sell it!! Now I love the new Line 6 modeling amps as they are leaps and bounds above the Flex II.

Comment

Whatever I read, whomever I talk to, I always seem to run into the same thing in that even for the experienced guys, some think modeling and X modeler is fine and some don't like the sound.

I'm not experienced, but I like the XT and the tonelab and some people think the tonelab really blows the XT away. If you were asking for my advice I'd say the best thing to do is head down to the guitar shop and try the modelers they have (maybe bring a guitar and your own headphones?) to see which one you like best. I'd also recommend bringing a good set of headphones as it'll be harder to distinguish them with crappy ones.

Comment

I know from first hand knowledge... Almost every studio in LA I go to they have a POD or a POD was used to record. I have yet to see or have heard a Tonelab being used in "real" studios.
                    Institute Of Noise Music Productions
                    http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
                    Bogner Amplification
                    http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

I'm playing a gig next week with Yamaha's 32-bit Magic Stomp. My first time using digital gear live. I'll let you know how it goes.
                      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I've tried a lot of 'em, and not been overly impressed with any. Even the better and/or more expensive models sound, to my ears, like a pretty good simulation at best. As one push the corners with these things, one can detect the synthetic quality of the tone without a lot of effort.

The Vox modeling amps are fairly nice. They do have a tube in the pre-amp, and it seems to warm things up a bit. I've not had a chance to play with the Tonelab, but it seems to be the modeling amp without the "amp" part. I'd like to play around with one.

Good lcuk in your search.
                        <----- another experiment in rewiring turns tragic.

Comment

Working...
                        X