• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wonderin...

i don't know a helluva lot about all the components of guitars
    and i've been playing a lil over 2 years now

but i was just wondering....

does it matter if u have a really raelly **** guitar, but good pickups?

like if i were to chuck some awesome pickups into a gibson lp or a epi lp, or a fender american strat, or a strat copy... what would be the difference?

i really wunna know, 'cuz i'm considering getting a new guitar, because i'm still on my first, and it's really crap
    and if there's really no difference, then there's no point in me getting a really exp guitar, when i can simply get a cheap one, and get a sound which is more or less the same

Re: Just Wonderin...

First off: Every guitar is acoustic. Some use big air filled boxes for amplification, others use high tech amplification.

Or said differently: A pickup is essentially a microphone. Give Frank Sinatra a cheapo mic, and heŽll still sound great. Give me the Blue EyesŽ Mic, and IŽll still sound like crap.

When one considers that, it becomes obvious that a guitar has to be good and solid "by itself" before any mods will really make sense. IŽve seen epiphones and cheap strats that blow the originals away, and with good pickups they will rock just as hard as any other good axe. You just have to sift through the deadwood longer to find a real gem.

But generally speaking, putting better pickups into a quality USA guitar will give better results than in a 1/4 price chinese copy (and be better for the US economy, we must really want China to be prosperous with all the chinese goods we buy over US made ones)).
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
    X